Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

P has a fever

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 9:26 PM
  • 14 Replies

So P was fine all day.  We got home, he had lunch, took a nap, woke up in a good mood.  He felt warm when he woke up from his nap, but he often does, so I didn't think anything of it.  But he still felt warm a couple hours later, so I took his temp.  102.7!  I have no idea where this even came from.  He seems to be ok with eating, peeing, pooping, etc.  This just came out of nowhere!  He was also acting pretty normal, until later and he seemed pretty tired and wanted to go to bed.  I actually just put him down because I wanted to give the Tylenol time to work and check his temp one more time.  It is down to 102.3.  I also got pedialyte for him even though he is eating and drinking ok.  I thought with the fever it was probably best to give him some.  Hopefully this is nothing serious!  Any ideas?

by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Love4you2
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Did he get his 2 yr molars yet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:07 PM
No thoughts but that stinks!! Hope he stays in good spirits and it goes away soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AJB220
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:36 PM

A had something similiar last month, at the time we thought it was related to heat and such.  But he had a temp on and off for 3 days, threw up here and there.  Otherwise seemed mostly fine, occaisonally tired and sluggish.  And then it went away, real strange. hope P feels better soon!

Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 4:33 AM

He has not gotten them yet.  Those are the only one's we are waiting for.  Do you think it could be related?  When he gets a tooth he usually gets a runny nose, but hasn't gotten a fever before, so I wasn't really sure if it could be teeth or not.

Quoting Love4you2:

Did he get his 2 yr molars yet?

Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 4:35 AM

He hasn't thrown up yet, just has the fever.  A little bit of a decreased appetite, but he occasionally has a day or two where he won't eat much so I don't know if I can really count that as a symptom or not yet.  Did you ever figure out what A had or did it just go away on its own?

Quoting AJB220:

A had something similiar last month, at the time we thought it was related to heat and such.  But he had a temp on and off for 3 days, threw up here and there.  Otherwise seemed mostly fine, occaisonally tired and sluggish.  And then it went away, real strange. hope P feels better soon!

Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 4:36 AM

Thanks!  How are you all feeling?  I hope the bug has left your house and that you and your little guy are on the mend!

Quoting CwgrlMama:

No thoughts but that stinks!! Hope he stays in good spirits and it goes away soon.

carole76
by Group Admin on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:39 AM
Hope he is feeling better today.
It was pretty hot yesterday, my guess he got a little overheated
AJB220
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 7:28 AM

We never really figured it out, by the 3rd day we thought maybe it wasn't relatd to the heat and it was an actually bug of some sort but then it never came back.  so we just came at it with lots of fluids, ibruprofen to keep fever down.  and keeping an eye on him.

CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Greg seems to be better. A little cranky but it's been a while since he had a fever. I'm starting to wonder about me though. I have thr deep cough and no voice today!! :( Is P feeling better today?

Quoting Mdmooch:

Thanks!  How are you all feeling?  I hope the bug has left your house and that you and your little guy are on the mend!

Quoting CwgrlMama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bangel23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:10 PM

hope he's doing better!  I've been lucky that between my two kids I've only had to deal with a fever ONCE!  Lo starts preschool in a month, watch him end up with fever sickness's all the time then, haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN