Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girls vacation!

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 5:48 PM
  • 17 Replies
Have you left the family at home to go for a vacation with the girls?

Would you love to have time away, or would you miss the family too much?

Where would you want to go with your friends if you had a free weekend?
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KatieB416
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 8:19 PM
YES!!!

I miss the kids a little in the mornings, but I come back from my girl trips a rejuvenated mommy and wife. We've been to Detroit and Chicago so far, but I'd really like to go to Vegas one year. My best gal pal lives in Arizona, and she could meet us in Vegas easily.

Less than a month until my trip to Cincinatti. We originally planned on going to Traverse City, but one of my girlfriends has to work until 6 pm that Friday. So we decided to go somewhere closer to Indy.

I can't wait. Joe is a terrific daddy, and I know my girls are in the best of hands!!! Plus, I wouldn't be surprised of my in-laws decided to come visit that weekend, if he ever calls to tell them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AJB220
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

You know, I'd be happy with a girl's night or even a portion of a day! Never actually taken a whole weekend with friends, never had the opportunity.  With Scott's schedule, I don't see it as being possible at this point.  But maybe someday when the boys are older.  Hope you have fun Katie, that's so exciting! FYi,  love traverse city MI, my husband's family cottage is not too far from there.  which is where we vacation every summer.  So jealous you've been to so many places without kids!  I think I would miss the kids but it be nice to recharge once in awhile too.

carole76
by Group Admin on Jul. 27, 2012 at 9:50 PM
So jealous Katie, I don't know if I could do it. I would plan in all out, and then chicken out. I would like to try one night away and see how the kids do, but Little C doesn't go down well at night. Takes hIm about10minutes to go to sleep.
Bangel23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Forget the girls even, I now just want 2 days alone on a beach with my Kindle, haha!   I could do 2 days away I think just fine. The kids and I are together so much that even Logan gets sick of me from time to time!  The kids are always nicer to hubby than they are to me, so I don't really have to worry about bedtime issues and such. Been so many times I've just run out alone in the afternoon to run errands and come home to a quiet house and hubby just shrugs and says "logan said he wanted to go take a nap and went to bed"...this has never happened in my world. lol

KatieB416
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Well, that's kind of one of the few perks of having kids in your mid twenties. I'm the only one with kids, so they go off my schedule and budget!

Tammy- when we were on vacation I spent my afternoons at the beach alone with a good book. My husband was severely sunburned, so he gladly stayed at the condo with the kids for naptime. I mourned that time when it ended!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love4you2
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd rather have time away with just hubby than girl time. 

Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:46 AM

My  girlfriends and I used to go to The Homestead in Hot Springs, Virginia every year.  But we kind of got away from that.  Two of us had kids and with everyone's work schedules we haven't gone for probably 4 years.  I really miss going, but hopefully one day we can get down there again.  I miss it so!

Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:49 AM

My sorority is having a big convention in Chicago next year and I am thinking of attempting to go with some of my girlfriends.  However, with the baby my mom said she would go and watch the baby during the day so I can attend.  I will be breastfeeding and pumping all day and storing all of that milk probably would not be the easiest thing.  I guess that wouldn't completely be without children, but close enough!

KatieB416
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Anna- I agree, or even a couples trip, but it's harder for us to both get away at the same time. We're thinking about trying next August for our 5th anniversary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love4you2
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Our 5th Anniversary is this year and I'd love to go back to Hocking Hills for a weekend.  That was the first trip we took together.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)