Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Activities

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:18 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm trying to plan activities for each day that my in-laws are here so that we stay busy.  :) So far, I have the CVSR, West Side Market and Good Times 3.  We're headed to Strasburg for the weekend but I have one more day to fill up: Tuesday.  Any suggestions?  I had thought about sending them (without me) to Canton for the Football Hall of Fame, but I don't know if Greg would be ready to be gone by that time since they're getting here Monday night.  They're leaving Monday morning so this is the only day I have left to fill.  (5-6 days of driving for 6 days here with us.... hmmm.  lol)

by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SicilyShelly78
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:01 PM
2 moms liked this

The Cuyahoga County Fair is this week.  Also, Cleveland Botanical Gardens!!  They have some things on Tuesday for kids.

Daily Glasshouse and Gardens Explorations

Daily Glasshouse and Garden Explorations
Free with Garden admission

Enjoy the warmth of the Eleanor Armstrong Smith Glasshouse, the beauty of the outdoor gardens, and explore more during these daily activities –

•  Meet and Greet the Animals in the Madagascar biome
   Tuesdays through Saturdays, 11:00 am & 2:30 pm
   Sundays, 2:30 pm

•  Butterfly Release  in the Costa Rica biome
   Tuesdays through Sundays, 2:00 pm (based upon availability of hatched chrysalids each day)

• Outdoor Garden Tours
   Tuesdays through Sundays, 1:00 pm (weather permitting)

No registration required.

Mud Pies and Floats Tuesday

Mud Pies in Hershey Children's Garden 
June 5 – August 28 • 11:00 am – 12:30 pm 

Floats on the Terrace 
June 5 – August 28 • Noon – 3:00 pm 
$

Kids can channel their inner artist and make mud-pie masterpieces every Tuesday in the Hershey Children's Garden. Whether decorated with flowers or shaped like a dinosaur, every mud pie deserves recognition.

After making mud pies, you can cool off with an ice-cold, refreshing float. The Garden serves up root beer floats and Orange Crush floats every Tuesday afternoon on Geis Terrace for kids and adults.
Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Sounds like Carole has some good ideas!  I like your idea too of the FHOF.  Since they just had the induction ceremony this weekend, they would have a lot of new things there.  I don't have any good ideas to add.  I like the Cleveland Botanical gardens.  We always like to visit there.

carole76
by Group Admin on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:25 PM
The whearthers museum is nice for all ages, and it's about a 45 minutes from here.
Might be good to have a day not planned just to rest. Amish country is always nice, I like going to the Barn to eat, they have a wonderful buffet.
KatieB416
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Shelly- those sound like fun activities. I might need to look into the butterfly release for O.

Jenny: if they're big football fans, Pro Foot HOF is really cool! My husband and I enjoyed it a lot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN