Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Upset, confused and now mad....

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:14 PM
  • 5 Replies
I gave family and friends a save a date for my daughters birthday. I called or told people verbally, and I have one friend that gave me excuse that she had so many things to do on that date, that she would not be able to make it. I am getting ready to send out invites and I just found out that she invited the same friends to her party, get together at her house for the same time. I am so upset, because she said with two birthdays that day that she wouldnt be able to fit the party in. I was disappointed but no big deal, but inviting all my same guest to her home that night is wrong!
Am I over reacting or should I call her out on this?
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
barnwell84
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I would be a little mad.  But what can you do.  I hope your daughter has a great party with the people that do arrive.

CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:08 PM
I would be upset too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carole76
by Group Admin on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:23 PM
I know right, I want to call and chew her out, but I need to wait and calm down first, so it is not in anger. The nerve!
Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I would for sure be upset by this.  I would call her and talk to her about it when you cool down.  Maybe she is not really the friend to you that you thought she was.

Love4you2
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I would be hurt that she made excuses for not being able to attend.  If she had already planned her get-together, she could have said so. That she made other plans after the fact only makes her look bad and shows you that she's not the friend you thought. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)