Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you move your toddler into a toddler bed?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:16 AM
  • 8 Replies
My little guy just turn 14 months. I already have a toddler bed, but don't know how soon is too soon to move him from the crib to toddler bed.
When did you make the change?
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
carole76
by Group Admin on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:22 AM
I moved my oldest in a toddler bed around 15 months, she was easy to put to bed, so I thought why not give the toddler bed a try. She started sleeping in it for nap time and by the time she was 16 months she started sleeping in it for good. I am not sure what to do with my son, he still cries when I put him down at night, so not sure if 15 months will work for him.
AJB220
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 10:16 AM

we actually kept Alex in his crib till he was about 2 1/2 yrs. and then moved him into a twin size bed.  we never had a toddler bed for him. figured he would grow so fast it would be a waste of money.  but good luck!

Bangel23
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM
I'm dying to give micayla the princess bed i got her but keep making myself wait even though she goes to bed easy :) she's 15 months. Logan was 2 yrs 3 months old when i moved him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Mark was a couple of months shy of 3 years when he moved from his crib.  We bought a little set from Ikea when we got back from Singapore so that we could pass on the crib to Greg.  Wasn't our original plan since the crib goes to a toddler bed and then a full size bed, but we just couldn't get another crib for Greg at the time.  Greg started refusing to sleep in his crib the last few months we were in the apartment.  I had a cheapo toddler bed for Mark so Greg got that once we moved.  Neither of my boys ever climbed out of their crib so I didn't feel pressured to move them at any point in time.  It is nice that they can come to me once they get up instead of me going to get them out of the crib!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 1:03 PM

We had to move P soon after his second birthday.  He kept climing out of his crib and at the same time he got toxic synovitis in his hip and the doctor said him climbing out could irritate it, causing him to fall and cause a fracture, so he said he we need to get him in a toddler bed.  We have a convertible crib, so we converted it.  When the baby needs its crib probably early next year, we will convert the bed to a double bed and use the crib mattress for the baby's crib.  I would have liked to keep him in the crib until at least 3, but it just didn't work out.  He did fine with the transition though and likes being able to get in and out by himself.

MNitz
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:59 PM

B hasn't climbed out yet.  He's still in the crib.  Trying to decide if I should convert it to a toddler before we move or after.

Love4you2
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Somewhere between 18 months and 2yrs for both.  They are climbers!

MadisonRosesMom
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Madi was at least 2 1/2 if not older. She never tried to get out so it was just easier to leave her in! Kenzie was a climber so she was closer to 2 just because she kept getting out on her own!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)