Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup

Posted by   + Show Post

I just tried this new recipe(last night for dinner), and it was very good.  Especially warming for this time of year. Thought I'd share, in case you'd like to try it too--all done in the crockpot!

1 can black beans, drained
1 can corn, drained
1 can diced tomatoes( 14.5 oz size)
1 packet mild taco seasoning pix
1 1/2 c water
1 can (8 oz)tomato sauce
1 can ( 10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup
2 C milk
3-4 boneless chicken breasts

In crockpot, mix the taco packet together with the water and tomato sauce.  Add cream of chicken soup and milk and whisk together until smooth.  Add chicken.  Pour drained black beans, drained corn and diced tomatoes on top of that.  Cook on low 6-8 hours.  Before serving, take out child and shred or dice, then put back and stir it all together.  Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, or tortilla chips.  (or cornbread!)

Enjoy, hope you like it as much as I did, yum!
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Replies (51-56):
Love4you2
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I made it like the recipe so the kids would eat it, but hubby and I added hot sauce!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
carole76
by Group Admin on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Trying this today, with the rainy day yesterday this sounds good.  I only have frozen chicken meat so do I need to do anything different on the timing?

AJB220
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:12 PM

in the crockpot, shouldn't matter too much maybe give it a bit more time to cook, maybe an hour? pay attenton to it when you get it out to shred it

carole76
by Group Admin on May. 30, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Had chicken I had to cook today so I made this.  This is still one of my favorite quick meals to make.

MNitz
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Made this again yesterday.  I prepped it Wednesday night, I put everything in the crock pot except the beans, corn and tomatoes.  I let the chicken sit in it overnight hoping it would give it a little more kick,  then finished it off and turned it on in the morning.  Even though it was on low, my crock pot seems to get pretty hot, hubby said it was bubbling when he got home from work.  Nobody got sick from it, so hopefully it's okay to do that.  It turned out great!  I am nervous to add red hot or tobasco to it, cuz I don't do hot sauce.

carole76
by Group Admin on Jun. 7, 2013 at 11:19 PM

This recipe is a family favorite in my house, thanks Amy.

Marisa never nought about putting it together the night before.  Good idea!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN