Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Black Friday deals already being announced?

Posted by   + Show Post

I get email after email from stores showing a sneak peak of black Friday deals.  Is there any deals out there that you are going to have to have?  

Will you be shopping on Thanksgiving day?

Do you think Thanksgiving day is a little too early to do Black Friday shopping?

Do you look foward to the ads coming out on Thanksgiving day?  

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Replies (11-20):
carole76
by Group Admin on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I have done that too Katie, but if I see a crowed I go the opposite way.  Last year my mom wanted to go get her hair cut in town, I went with her, and surprisingly after 2 the mall was like normal.  I ended up going to bath and body, build a bear, and stride rite.  I got really good deals on must have for Christmas.

AJB220
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I've gone out in past years in early afternoon, most times hate shopping but have gotten some ok deals. This year making mostly everything for everyone, buying very few gifts.  Not sure how I'll get it all done though.

Love4you2
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Hubby works on Black Friday so if I want to go shopping without kids, I have to go at night/early morning.  I really enjoy the time out listening to Christmas music, checking out the deals, and getting stuff checked off my list. When I get home, I share the Christmas spirit with the kids as we put up the tree and decorate the house!

dfournier0922
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:50 PM
I'm not going this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SicilyShelly78
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:57 PM

There is already 4 guys camped out in a tent with a generator in front of Best Buy in Cuyahoga Falls! Are you kidding me?????

carole76
by Group Admin on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:41 PM

WHAT! NO WAY!

carole76
by Group Admin on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Insane it what that is...... How can they do it. Do they live off their parents and not have to work ?

SicilyShelly78
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I told Shelby that it is a waste of precious time sitting in the cold for a week just so you can save $100 and I hope she will never completely disregard more important things in her life over material objects. She didn't get it, but the woman walking into Best Buy behind us did and told me I was a good mother for trying to teach her that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM
What are they hoping to snag? I'd think any savings would be cut by the generator costs! May be they're just looking for their 15 minutes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carole76
by Group Admin on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:06 PM

This is not a black Friday deal, but a good deal.  CVS ad has a lot of things you can buy, and then get the whole amount of the item back.  Only until Wednesday though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN