Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you keep within your budget, this year?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:22 AM
  • 7 Replies

Did you stay within budget for Christmas?  Did you do better, or worse than you wanted?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:41 AM
We stayed in the budget. We usually do. My hubby is very on top of that! :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KatieB416
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:28 AM
We were under budget this year. This is the first year I made a master shopping list with my husband. Since he knew what we needed to get, he found a lot of great deals during the Cyber Monday sales. It enabled us to donate more this year than in the past.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carole76
by Group Admin on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Smart thinking both of you, this year I didn't set a budget, and paying dearly for it.  I set one last year 100.00 for hubby and I and 150.00, for both children.  I went over for my oldest last year but under for my youngest.  This year if I found a good deal I just went with it.  Did a lot of home made gifts this year, like calendars, and photo gifts.  I found some good deals on these items for the most part.  As for donating, I never do as much as I like.  My sister n law sponsors a family in the Akron area, I was able to help with that but not as much as last year.  With toys for tots, and local charities I felt good about giving but just so hard this time of year.  Wish they would collect all year round.

KatieB416
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:19 PM
There have been so many great deals recently! I've been so tempted to buy the kids Melissa and Doug grocery and refrigerator set (amongst a lot of other toys), but there would be tension between Joe and I if I didn't stick to the list! I just want a happy house :) Could you take any of your "regrets" back to the store?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM
We ended up with $300 of gift cards from credit card points plus the card from Little Tikes so we were able to have a generous budget. :) I stayed under. That covered our kids, my sister, hubby and their kid, my SIL, hubby and their 3 kids, my step dad plus the calendars I got for my grandmother and grandfather. Matt is taking care of our parents and grandparents with the books and he sets a budget for that's seperate.
One thing I learned - need to just shop online and have it shipped to the recipient!! Shipping is annoying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carole76
by Group Admin on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I just won a Melissa and Doug card from Cafemom, it was a fifty dollar amount, wish I knew you were thinking about the kitchen.  I just put my order in last night.

SicilyShelly78
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Budget? What's that mean? :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)