Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What a some homemade gifts you have made for a Christmas present?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:28 PM
  • 21 Replies

I used to make a cookie tin with cookies and candies for all my neighbors, I have also takin glass ware and paint and made cute holiday candle holders.  I was watching the chew today, they had fun orniments you can make for gift for guest, so that got me thinking what are some creative gifts you have made?  If you have picture please share.

Also, is there a gift you got that you wish you could make?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:36 PM
I used to cross stitch and my favorite gift was making 4 bread basket covers for my grandmother. They're for each season and she still uses them. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Were the light bulb ornaments today? I'm on my 3rd episode of The Chew for the day (got a little behind) so they're running together! Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatieB416
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Yes! And they made adorable cupcake ones!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:42 PM
I'm so doing the mint plates to give the cookies to my neighbors!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carole76
by Group Admin on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Yes, the cupcakes were so super simple and cute.

carole76
by Group Admin on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:33 PM

I remember as a kid taking pretzels and making them in a shape of a wreath, spray painting them.  Then the last step is take ribbon and put through and tie a bow on the top.  My mom hung that up until I was in high school. I finally broke.

Hyacinth72
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Gibson painted ornaments and we made some awesome magnets with pictures I took. I will share the link. They turn out so cool. Cheap to make too. We tailored them to each recipient.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hyacinth72
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

http://content.photojojo.com/diy/make-photo-magnets/

Address for the directions.

Here are a few we made the pics are of my grandfathers old cameras from the late 1950's. Made these for my mom. and Gib's ornaments he painted.

AJB220
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:31 PM

In past years I have made cross stitich ornaments, one year I made a cross stitch pattern on glass jars that said Happy Kiss Mas, and put hershey kisses in them.  This year,  I made handmade soap, and bath fizzies to make spa baskets,  I made handmade coasters, using pieces of old maps and put sealer on top of them, I made a tie wreath for my MIL, I kept her father's old ties, cut them and rolled and sewed them around to a wire wreath form.  Also am making felt animal ornaments for the kids.  still working on things, hope I get it all finished.  Oh and I am giving cookies to A's preschool teachers.

carole76
by Group Admin on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Wow, Amy sound like you are busy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)