Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your kids open one gift on Christmas eve?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:53 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ricks parents have a tradition every year, that all of us open one gift on Christmas eve.  Does your family do the same?

Is there any fun traditions you do with your family?

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:45 AM
We exchange gifts with the MIL on the eve because we don't go to her house on Christmas day. But since Santa doesn't come until Christmas we don't open any other gifts.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Love4you2
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:17 AM

We never did growing up, but we celebrate with hubby's dad and step-mom on Christmas Eve so they open those gifts. 

CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Even as a kid, I didn't like opening a gift on Christmas Eve. I could understand the Advent type gifts like PJs to wear that night, but just randomly picking a gift never made much sense to me. Since we've been going to The Polar Express, they have their PJs already. In a way, the PE was a gift so they've already "opened" one. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SicilyShelly78
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:54 AM

We don't usually open any of our own.  We are always at my in-laws, and they get to open something there.

KatieB416
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:39 PM
In the past, we celebrated Christmas Eve with my MIL's family. Parents bring a gift for each of their children, and every child gets a turn on Santa's lap and he gives them one of their presents. This year we're doing that this Saturday (after Santa already came to our home).

As a child, Joe would get to open a Christmas present from his parents every Christmas Eve. It was always his Christmas outfit to wear that night. My parents just bought us our holiday clothes, and that's what we plan to do with our kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)