Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Coupon gone wrong

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:41 PM
  • 5 Replies

Just heard a story on the news tonight, Fox 8, about a man using a best cuts coupon for 7.99, there was no expectation date and they argued it was too old for them to honor.  He got upset, and grabbed a competitor coupon for a haircut, and best cuts had a sign they would match competitor coupon, but they wanted the coupon and the whole sheet with the coupon.  It had several other coupons he wanted to use.  Best cuts got fed up with the couponer and called the cops. WTF!  What happened to customer service.  I would of gave him the discount just to get him out of there.  The cops came and because refused to pay 10.00 dollars for the cut, they told him they were putting him in jail.REALLY!  What is this world coming to.  I will never ever go to a Best Cut again, how stupid can one store be.  He went in to get a regular mans cut, and left in handcuffs.  Shame on Best Cuts!

What do you think about this story?  Do you side with the man or the store?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
toopicky429
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:52 PM
I didn't think they would prosecute for less than $25. I think the man should have paid if he had his hair cut, but the store was wrong for not honoring the coupon. I hate Best Cuts. The last time I went there they cut my hair crooked, and that was more than 10 years ago. I have had the same woman cut my hair since 2004. It costs a little more, but it's worth it to get what I want and not deal with rude people.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
carole76
by Group Admin on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I had my daughter hair cut at one, the lady had no one after us and she only had to cut my little girls bangs, she rushed and she charged me for a regular hair cut.  I was a little miffed that it was full price.  They did good on mine, but after this story I'll never go back, the poor guy was just trying to save a few bucks.  He had a coupon.

toopicky429
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:12 PM
The last time I went there, I swear the woman must have been wearing one shoe. One side was two inches longer than the other, and it was cut downhill. I only wanted a trim, and when it was all done and then corrected it was ten inches shorter. I was furious. If I had planned on that much being cut I would have donated, which I did later after it all grew back.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MNitz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:12 AM

The story says that he chose to go to jail.  The cops gave him 3 options and he chose jail.

That being said,  I hated Best Cuts prior to this story, and I'm starting to hate Great Clips.  I guess you really do get what you pay for.  I just got my hair cut last saturday and I'm not thrilled with it, but it was only 16.00.  Time to find me a real salon and start paying $35 for my haircuts again.   :(

carole76
by Group Admin on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I understand why he chose jail, it was stupid, the store needed to honor their coupon, if there was no exp. date it's not his fault.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)