Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Super Bowl....

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:40 PM
  • 14 Replies

Are you excitted about the super bowl this year?

My team, just played and won, so I will enjoy the bowl very much this year.  

What are your thoughts.  Who are you rooting for?

Do you watch or try to do something else?

Do you have a special dish you like to make for the Super Bowl?

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carole76
by Group Admin on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Go 49ers!

CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Texans are out so I don't really care who wins. ;) I would love to see a 49er/Raven game though just for the sake of the brothers. Lol. I've been to 1 SB party and that was back in college. We don't usually have special food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatieB416
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:01 PM
My team is the Lions, and since they didn't even make it to the playoffs, we'll be rooting for the Patriots or the Ravens. I deeply despise San Fransico's coach.

I think it's awesome your team is in the Superbowl. I hope to one day know the feeling! ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KatieB416
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Oh, we use it as an excuse to pig out! I'll be making some SkinnyTaste appetizers since we're trying to lose weight this year.
AJB220
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Don't usually do any special food, personally despise the Ravens since I'm a steelers fan.  We'll occaisonally get a pizza though. Excited for the 49ers, really liked the team when i was younger.

carole76
by Group Admin on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I was a bigger fan of the 9ers, when Joe Montana played.  If I happen to be flipping through the channels and 49ers are playing I will watch.  I use to go to my church for the Super Bowl, we had so much fun, and no one really got out of hand.  In college I would go to the Fire/rescue building and hang out and watch.  It was fun, but the food was always hot. Haven't gone to a Boel party since I moved up here.  People just don't celebrate like they do back home.  We would go all out.  I thing the taco dip is my favorite thing.  

CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:38 PM
OT: love Joe and Jennifer Montana! He wouldn't autograph a football until my grandfather signed something for him. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carole76
by Group Admin on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Ok, is that a good or bad?

CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Good. He wanted make sure he got my grandfather's autograph. ;) I think he had some gloves that had my Papa's name on them. They didn't choose the horse trainer I would have, but at least they got into riding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:52 PM
My hubby always has his friends over. Everyone just brings something and we chow down. I usually go to bed and watch tv after I eat. Hehehe... If the Ravens make it I think my parents are going to stay an extra day since they are coming up that weekend. Baltimore is my dads team. We have a projection screen in our basement and I know my dad will be super excited to watch the game on the big screen. He helped us finish our basement this summer and hasn't gotten to enjoy it too much. I am indifferent though about who wins. Baltimore is my dads team but the 49ers practice in Youngstown and love Handel's ice cream. They even got some shipped out to them thw last couple of weeks. They have a lot of Youngstown connections with their owners being from there so I think that is cool.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN