Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reaction?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:47 AM
  • 6 Replies
I just finished up a 10 day antibiotic and Friday evening I started getting a rash all over my body. Anyone ever heard of such a delayed allergic reaction? I can't decide if that's what it is or if it's a reaction to something else. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
carole76
by Group Admin on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I had a unexplained rash, that started on my face and spread all over my body, I wasn't on any meds, I didn't use a new detergent, everything it could possibly be I wasn't exposed.  I did go up in the attic were we have spayed wool for installation, but I have done that several times and no reaction, they told me to take Pepcid ad, and prescribed me a steroid, and with in hours I was better.  My sister just had a rare reaction to a medicine a month ago, she had a rash for over a week.  Hope the rash leaves on its own, and call me if you need to go in to the doctor today.  I can watch the kids.

KatieB416
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Could it be a viral rash?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I'm going to try some Benadryl cream on an area and see what that does. I've never had a viral rash before so I'm not sure! Greg has had some before, but I haven't. I'm trying to not think about it but I find myself scratching without realizing. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MNitz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Brandon had this happen before.  I think he had finished his antibiotic and doctor said it was a post viral rash.

AJB220
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I got really sick at college once followed by the most stressful semester ever. tHe campus health center i put me on amoxocillin, didn't figure out after going home and watiing for an appt that i had mono, day of the appointment, rash everywhere, and it was on the 10th day of taking it.  My doc told me that the key you get in your body when you have mono doesn't interact well with any pencillion based meds.  Took awhile for the rash to go away and oh so itchy! and everywhere!!

Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Paul had a strange rash all over his body last year and they found out it was a virus. He was never sick though. Hope it gets better!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN