Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adult Tastes

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:57 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm watching Biggest Loser with my coffee and needed a snack. So I cut off half an avocado- yum!  Not a big deal, but I remember when I absolutely refused to eat anything avocado and now I'm eating it by itself as a savory treat!  I also used to hate mushrooms and even though I still don't like them, I can tolerate them now.  Made me wonder what other tastes you all have had change as adults; foods? clothing? Colors?  

confused

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SicilyShelly78
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Feta cheese and mushrooms! Couldn't stand either of them. I'm the same way with mushrooms. I probably wouldn't seek them out, but put them on pizza or something and I'll eat them.  In the last two months I've been seeking out things with Feta!

Love4you2
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Hmm, that's one I wasn't thrilled with either.  Maybe I'll have to try Feta again!

KatieB416
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:11 PM
I prefer full piece bathing suits, or tankines, as an adult!!

Food wise, the only food I could think of is Chinese food, but I started liking that in high school. Oh, and plain peanut butter, but that's more from being around Joe for 10+ years! I was never picky eater.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AJB220
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:27 AM
i really disliked tomatoes as a kid, but I can eat them now. Didn't like mushrooms and still don't. I'm not sure clothing has changed much or colors.
AJB220
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Oh I only know this from my mom's pictures but apparently when i was little, I loved pink and all girly clothes and frilly shirts and oh my girly. This very much surprises me since I don't really believe I like myself in pink or red and I don't have that many really girly clothes.
carole76
by Group Admin on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Tomatoes, and anything with tomatoes in it.  I would not even eat pizza, now as long as their cooked I like them.  When I was a kid I like spinich, now I can't stand it.  

MNitz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:41 AM

To my knowledge I never had broccoli as a kid.  I tried on vacay when I was 27 and now I love it!

Not a fan of raw tomatoes but if cooked or in something I can usually eat them.  I ate them in the Chicken Tortilla soup, and I make lasagna with tomatoes.

I never liked running when I was younger, I wouldn't say I love it now, but I don't hate it  :)

Love4you2
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Lol, running- That's a good one! :)
Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Hmmm...great question!  I can't think of any food in particular that have changed.  I will try pretty much anything, but olives, black licorice, anice, and anchovies.  Those give me the hebegeebies!  Funny because I am married to an Italian who loves them all!  I like Katie's answer with the swimsuits, but I am the opposite.  I actually prefer wearing a two piece now.  I would never wear one growing up, but I think I feel more comfortable with myself now and prefer to wear a two piece over a one piece anyday.  Running is another one...I ran track in high school and loved it but hate it now.  I wish I liked it, but just don't anymore.  I also used to want to go sky diving and crazy things like that and now I probably never will do that.  I also didn't think I would like Ice Hockey, but Paulie loves it and I have grown to like it too.  Ok...I guess I do have a few things.

Love4you2
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:36 PM
I still want to go sky diving! Hubby and I will go soon, well within the next 5 yr. I'm sure! I love liquorice, anise and olives, but not the anchovies. Hubby always gets them on his pizza- nasty!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN