Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Skating anyone?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:00 PM
  • 22 Replies

Would anyone be interested in taking their kids skating?  There is a place near Tallmadge circle that has open skating Friday and Sundays.  Just seeing if we have anyone interested to try this out with their kids?

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KatieB416
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:12 PM
What are the prices? Yes, we would be interested!! As long as its one of Joe's days off, so he can help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RyleighJane
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Parents are free and kids are 7 dollars each. Last I knew skate rental was 2 dollars or free. I can call later to find out for sure.
SicilyShelly78
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:53 PM
If you're talking about Rocky's I would check it out without kids first. That's right up the street from me and I haven't heard a single good thing about the place. My SIL went there last summer and said it was a horrible crowd. She went with friends and none of them felt comfortable. They are all in their late 20's and early 30's and they left because they said it was getting dangerous on the floor. I know they went on a Friday. Sunday may be different, but most everyone I have ever talked to about Rocky's has told me to stay away.
RyleighJane
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:00 PM
When I was growingup it was a drug hang out but I've taken my niece there severa times in he past few years on a Friday night and there was barley anyone there. Sundays its 11 to 3 so its prob better than a Friday night. Or they do private parties, just have to find out what it costs.
RyleighJane
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Wow nvrm about the private party, its $250 with a $50 deposit. but they are open Sundays 1-4 and 5-8, I had remembered the time wrong for sundays its not 11-3.

carole76
by Group Admin on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I would be interested but have to teach my oldest to skate and also watch my youngest somehow.  Hubby works Friday through Monday, so I will have to get a babysitter so I can help my daughter out.  I might see if they have any open skates during the week to see if we can go when less people are there.  I love this idea, but haven't had much time to check on hours and prices.  Cindy this is a great idea, I would love to get my little girl out there.  I have rollerblades, do you know if you can bring your own skates in?

SicilyShelly78
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Well I would be interested, but not at Rocky's. I'd go to Springfield if we ever went. They have Family Fun Skate on Saturday and Sunday from 1pm to 3:30pm. Their admission is $4.00 with $3.00 skate rental. That's the only other rink I know of around here.
RyleighJane
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:26 PM
I don't think they are open during the week at all, but call and check to be sure. Yes you can bring in your own skates, I also have rollar blades I always bring with me. Springfield rink doesn't have as good of a floor and is smaller in my opinion, but that's just me
CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Since I'm still having issues walking up and down stairs without my ankle giving out on me, I think I'll skip any type of skating for a while. Matt wants to get the boys ice skating soon. I would def find a nice comfy place to watch. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SicilyShelly78
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Everyone has their own preferences. I haven't skated in years so who knows when I'd go. I just don't like what I've heard or the area around it. Especially the adult store that's next to it. If anyone goes I hope you have fun. I look forward to hearing something positive about it for a change.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)