Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cookies

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:20 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have recently been experimenting with recipes that do not involve processed foods.  You could say I have been trying to eat more "clean." This week, I plan on making my own cornbread (goodbye Jiffy cornbread !), my own granola, and homemade tortillas.  Today I made chocolate chip cookies and they turned out great!

Here is the recipe if you would like to try them:

1 cup quick oats (Quaker 1 minute oatmeal)

2 mashed ripe bananas

1/4 cup dark chocolate morsels (you could also add unsweetened coconut, nuts, raisins)

Mix all ingredients together.  On a greased cookie sheet, place about 10-16 cookies on the sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-17 minutes.  Let the cookies cool and enjoy!

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
carole76
by Group Admin on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I just made home made spoonbread, that's so funny... It literally just came out of the oven.

carole76
by Group Admin on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I love my homemade chocolate chip cookies

Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I have made a recipe using bananas before and it was pretty good.  Thank you for sharing!  I will have to try this one!

carole76
by Group Admin on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Sound super simple, I'll have to try this out

Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM

And good for you for finding alternatives Carie!  I don't buy a lot of processed things and I am always looking for alternatives in my baking.  Please share if you find other good alternatives! :)

AJB220
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I was wondering if anyone has any other recipes using non-processed foods, could you suggest a couple to me.  I try to not buy a lot of proccessed things but there are some things I do buy.  I recently saw a recipe for homemade goldfish crackers, might try that with A on this weekend.  Hope you don't mind that I bumped this post, Carie!

carebear41
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Amy, The best resource I have found is at 100 days of Real Food.  It is a wonderful website with really good recipes.  So far I have made the cornbread, granola (I make this every week), the waffles (I make these every month and freeze so we no longer buy Eggos), tortillas, mac and cheese, and muffins.  I have decided that some recipes take too much of my time and cause more stress...for example, the tortillas.  It is definetly work taking a look at her website and liking it on your Facebook page.  She is also known for taking a picture of her kid's school lunches which are chalk full of ideas for kids lunches.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)