Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Decorating eggs....

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:36 PM
  • 10 Replies

Do you do this with your kids?

What age did you start this activity with them?

Is there certain tricks you have to get the colors brighter?

What do you do with the eggs afterwards?

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:12 PM
I know we did it last year but I don't remember doing it the year before. I'm looking forward to doing it again this week. :) I bought a bunch of kits after Easter last year so we're ready! Not sure yet what I'll do with them. Probably make deviled eggs for myself. I've had egg salad once and liked it so I may try that if Andrea will tell me how to make it. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatieB416
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:31 PM
We've always dyed eggs with the girls. The first year is more of a photo op, though! Lol.

The girls dyed eggs on Sunday, and I've already started using Maddie's. I've already had them in tossed salad, potato salad and egg salad sandwiches. I've never made deviled eggs, but I love eating them at parties. Do you have a recipe you wouldn't mind sharing?

My husband growing up would have one of his died eggs in his Easter basket.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Love4you2
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:41 PM
I like egg salad in a tomato bowl- light and refreshing! I make some devilled eggs regular for the kids, with sweet pickle for my Mamaw(yuck!), and spicy ones for me and hubby. Also use them for salads and the kids like boiled eggs as snacks too!
carole76
by Group Admin on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:13 AM

I loved devil led eggs, I Seperate the egg from the yolk, smash the yolk up add a touch of sugar, a touch of salt, sweet relish, I eyeball it, then mayo. Mix, then taste.  Take a zip lock bag, and fill it, cut a corner, and wha laaaa

Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:15 AM
I love deviled eggs! I always have to make them for our parties bc P's friends love them! His ome friend was so upset the one time I didn't make them. Haha...at least I know I make somethi g people like!:-)
CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I do mayo, a touch of mustard, dill relish, salt and pepper mixed with the yolk. If I have it, I sprinkle paprika on top after filling the whites. I do the amounts by sight or taste.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love4you2
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Carole- ewww! Figures you'd like them sweet like Mamaw, lol!
carole76
by Group Admin on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I forgot the mustard, that in a main ingredient.

AJB220
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM

We're coloring eggs today, we've done it every year one ofmy fav. things to do! A really enjoyed it last year and he's real excited cause he already got to do it at preschool on wednesday.  Hubby said his parents used to hide them with the easter egg hunt, never did that myself we always just ate them! But i really love egg salad, or I'll eat them just plain, A even likes that or putting them in salads.  Love deviled eggs too but don't know how to make them.  MIL usually makes them which is nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN