Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you pack your hubby's lunch for him?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:36 PM
  • 9 Replies

My hubby when we first started living together packed his lunch, and I would get up and help him put it together, he would get so mad, and tell me he didn't need a girlfriend that did everything.   Now a days it's a big deal if I get up and make it for him.   I have stopped for the last month, and something just told me to do it so I have made him  lunch for the last couple days.  Fix a sandwich, cut up fruit or a salad, grab a yogurt, granola bar, done.  It only take 2 to 3 minutes, but he told me that it makes a big difference in how his day goes.

Do you make lunch for your guy?  

What kinda things do you you like to pack?  I am trying to get more creative.

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SicilyShelly78
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Yep!  I give him a lunchable and tell him to have a good day! lol  What can I say? He's easy to please.

Mdmooch
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:55 PM
I pack his everyday and have for years. He gets coffee, sandwich, fruit and whatever I can find to put in his lunch bag. He has a lot of lunches for his job so he doesn't always need one. I am trying to keep him eating healthy so I like to pack his lunch for him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KatieB416
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Okay, this my honest thought.... Hell no!

When we first lived together he hated eating leftovers, and would take a sandwhich or order out. He told me last fall that he loves eating leftovers, especially our more healthy dinners (rolled cabbage casserole is his favorite). The most I do is portion out the food before he gets home from work, and place his lunch for the few days in Tupperware containers. I wash and cut fruit shortly after buying it, so all he has to do is grab that, and a Greek yogurt. He only wakes me up in the morning if the kids need me, or if he "needs" me.

I think you all are very good wives to your men, though! I think even of he wanted me to prepare his lunch, he's probably too afraid to wake up the beast!! :)
AJB220
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:16 PM

honestly, I hate doing it, I'm not all sure why but I guess it just seems irritating.  I wish I could give him leftovers and that would be so easy.  Usually i do make him a lunch cause he'd never make it to work on time.  Hubby only getsa 10 min break every 3 hours so he jsut basically snacks all night.  I usually pack a sandwich, yogurt, a fruit(usually an apple) and a granola bar.  Sometimes I give him leftovers but he doesn't always have time to heat things up and their microwave is pretty terrible.  I know it does help him out so i like to and I'd rather he eat what I pack then for him to stop somewhere and get soemthing.  Or god forbid get something from the terrible vending machines at work.

RyleighJane
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM
I portion left overs out when we have them and put a note on the door reminding him to take it but he barley ever eats lunch or hell throw money at whoever is going somewhere (1 person normally goes for everyone)
Bangel23
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:29 AM
I would if I could. He doesn't work a normal job. But last year he was in school 8-4 four days a week and I wanted to pack his lunch because I think it's irritating he would waste money buying lunch everyday. But he's picky, would forget to take it, and immature about thinking packing is childish. Lol
CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Hell no! He doesn't even eat what I make for dinner half the time so there's no way I'm going to make his lunch. I can't even pick out a shirt at the store!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MadisonRosesMom
by Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 9:51 PM
4 moms liked this

Actually my husband packs mine! kiss

carole76
by Group Admin on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Ahhhhh, your husband is a keeper......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)