Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who does the mowing at your house?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:56 PM
  • 15 Replies

Ok, it's that time of year.  Get the lawn mower out and have at your lawn.  Who does the majority of the yard work at your home?  Do you like getting your hands dirty or leave it for hubby?

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hyacinth72
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:05 PM

we share in the responsibilities. 

CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:21 PM
3 moms liked this
Hubby. He likes to do all the stuff outside. When we moved here, he decided to get a riding lawn mower so he's the neighborhood redneck out there with his beer and Crocs with black socks mowing the yard. So proud.......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatieB416
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Jenny- lol!!! Somebody has to fill that position!

We only have a city lot, but Joe does the mowing and tends to the vegetable garden. He uses a push mower, so no beer until after he's done. I "maintain" the flowers beds and help with raking.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
carole76
by Group Admin on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Jenny, your husband is so cool!

RyleighJane
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM
B does the mowing and I rake it up. But after the first couple times of the year, I normally have to bag him to do it. He mowed the front today but not the back. Don't have to worry bout the beer, he doesn't drink it. ;)
carole76
by Group Admin on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I do everything, like Katie I have a small city lot.  I even go to neighbors and help them because my lot is so small. I love the excersize from it.  I have always loved having that alone time.

CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm going to assume sarcasm with this. ;)

Quoting carole76:

Jenny, your husband is so cool!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love4you2
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:27 PM
I'll have a beer while mowing! Hubby does most the yard work, but I usually mow to save him time. He does the edging, weed whacking, and blows the clippings.
carole76
by Group Admin on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:45 PM

: ) you never know about those southern people.....

AJB220
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:12 PM

When we moved to Medina, we have a pretty good size yard so it takes some time especially with how much water the backyard can get sometimes.  It was all hubby, i do weeding, watering flowers and raking.  Then we got a mower of our own(push kind), and I started sharing that too.  Now last summer and now with this schedule, I do it.  Hubby just doesn't have the time and I've found he's way more worried about it than the rest of the house, so maybe if the yard stuff is done then maybe he'll help with the inside of the house?  i dunno, just a theory.  I did the back yard today, man forgot how much energy it takes and how bad our yard is at the beginning of the season.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)