Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our generation dolls at Target...

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:32 AM
  • 11 Replies

Have you seen these dolls?

My daughter is in love with them.  She got a few items from this collection on her birthday and now she wants more.  She has never been into dolls much and now she is hooked.  I am hooked.  The price is awesome, and the story behind these dolls are great.

They are the same size as American girl, and look  very similar, but without the price tag.

Do you have one for your children? Or thought of buying one?

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bangel23
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:11 AM
I will have to check them out. Haven't paid attention as Cayla isn't into that kind of thing yet. But her wanting baby dolls has now turned into wanted large lala loopsy dolls...so imagining she'll be a doll girl!
carole76
by Group Admin on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:33 AM

They have a isle in Target with all the dolls and accessories. It's overwhelming almost, but so cool. They also have more on line.  The dolls are around 20 dollars, and the clothes around 14.  They have a RV, scooter, hair styling chair,horses, dogs, and soooooo much more.  I might have to do Christmas shopping early.  They are on sale for Labor Day.

KatieB416
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:20 PM
I'm on the fence still. As of right now, I have reservations at the American Girl Bistro in Columbus for O on her birthday. I have a friend who got her daughter a real AG doll for her fourth birthday, and four years (and a younger brother) later she still has just the one doll and in excellent shape. Olivia loves Target, and calls the OG dolls "Target dolls". While she knows the difference between the doll brands, at her age she really doesn't care. I guess, I just wonder how many years before she wants an AG doll anyways? I'm going to Columbus with my sisters and mom in October. I plan on comparing the quality of the dolls then, but I know O has her heart set on Rebecca right now.

I will be buying Mad an OG doll for her birthday, as she was in love with Big C's, and to keep we away from Livy's. They currently leave each other's security items alone, so I'm hoping for the same respect when it comes to dolls.

I just don't know...
AJB220
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:48 PM
I didn't know of these dolls at target but mt mom got me AG Doll before they got really popular. I loved it and it's still in really good shape. I got samantha. I even got some books too. If anybody would like the books I'd be happy to give them to you girls. Obviously no girls here!
RyleighJane
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:30 PM
I had an AG dolls when I was younger and just a few outfits. Still have it in good condition.

I think mine was also Samantha Any nut don't remember for sure. Its in the closet of my old room at my parents.
CwgrlMama
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:54 PM
I have Samantha too!!!!!!!! :) My mom wanted me to get Kirsten bc she looked more like me but I loved Samantha. I'm saving her (and any Barbies that survive storage) in hopes that I'll have a granddaughter or great-granddaughter. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carole76
by Group Admin on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Amy, I would pay you for the books.  I would love to start reading these books to C.

carole76
by Group Admin on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Katie, I have a friend who's little girl just turned 7, and her parents pitched in on buy a AG doll for her, but the put the carrier and assesories from Target.  Apparently they are the same size.

toopicky429
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM
My daughter has one American Girl doll that my MIL got for her birthday, and two My Generation dolls that we got at a yard sale. They are nice, but there is definitely a difference in the quality of the doll. The AG is made better, and her hair is higher quality so it doesn't rat up like the MG doll.
carole76
by Group Admin on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I didn't think about the hair, thanks for the info.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)