Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:37 PM
  • 8 Replies

My mother n law is always buying things for my oldest. Things like stuffed animals, clothes, shoes, hair clips ect.... It was ok at first but now that my little guy is growing up watching her get toys and things to take home and he has nothing he is starting to notice.  My husbands parents got into town last week.  They brought big C, several my little pony stuffed animals, and hair bows.  Little C got nothing.  I am at a loss and don't know what to do.  

Any suggestions to help him out when she does this?

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
RyleighJane
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:38 PM
Maybe tell her to slow it down or make sure she's doing it evenly? Whys she only buy big C the stuff and not lil man?
carole76
by Group Admin on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:42 PM

She doesn't like him.  Ever since she found out we named him Carson, instead of a jr. Which was the day he was born.  She never came over to see him, and always calls him the boy. She makes it well known that she doesn't like him.  She is getting better but she is always so surprised that he is so well behaved.

RyleighJane
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:12 PM
I do remember you talking about that before. Its so wrong. Especially now that they haven't gotten over it, but even so should never be taken out on him :(
AJB220
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:50 PM
No advice but I can't believe this is still an issue Carole! So sorry.
Bangel23
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM
That's crazy!
My mom tries to leave one kid out sometimes. Latest one being wanting to do things like cedar point with only micayla...because micayla is free.
But it's my own mom, so I can yell at her that she can't leave one out.
carole76
by Group Admin on Jun. 3, 2014 at 6:09 AM

Thanks ladies, it is sad.  Now that he is getting older he is starting to see this.  When they got home this time, and he heard her voice he screamed and ran the other way.  He was happy as can be and her voice set him off.  I felt bad, but kinda glad, because her feelings were hurt. He refused to come in the house. 

jbarker9
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Oh, so she also expects him to be happy to see her, when obviously she is not happy to see him?? What a nut.

I'd ask her to stop buying your daughter so much stuff if she's not willing to make it even and fair for your son. That it hurts his feelings to see his sister getting so much great stuff, and he gets nothing from them. Just to rub the salt in the wound, I'd point out the fact that he seems to have picked up on the fact that she doesn't like him and is old enough to notice the different treatment, and feelings are mutual - but I'm also vindictive and don't take crap like that when it comes to my kid lol

carole76
by Group Admin on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I talked to her last night and she asked how Big C liked her ponies, I told her I gave one to him so it would be fair and now he sleeps with both of them.  She didn't say much......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)