Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lunch/Dinner Ideas

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:43 AM
  • 3 Replies
Now that im going to Day shift and will be home every night to make an actual dinner I need some new ideas. I always shoot towards the same things. Often involving pasta, and trying to limit that as I'm trying to lose weight.

Please post recipes and even meal ideas. I can look up the recipe or even know how to make it just need NEW ideas.

Also those who meal plan, do you do it for the whole week or a couple days? How well do you stick to it?
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jbarker9
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:21 PM

I meal plan for 4-5 days, the day that we have to go grocery shopping. That way I know what I'm making for the week, and what groceries I actually need. I am not good at just having things in the kitchen and coming up with dinner on the spot.

I grab most of my recipes off Pinterest and Allrecipes.com. We have been going panini crazy lately - I just toast them on the foreman grill. That's my go to when we are short on time, or I don't have anything left to make for the week. Find me on pinterest - I have soooo many recipes pinned it's ridiculous.

This is currently our new favorite that I have been making every week. I add sausage to it, though. http://mysweetsavannah.blogspot.com/2013/08/fall-baking3-zucchini-recipes.html

RyleighJane
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:33 PM
I have alot on pinterest but I go towards the same things when looking on there so I posted this in multiple groups to try all sorts of new ideas. Ill look you up :) thanks. I think my biggest problem will be keeping to a low budget with making meals. With working second shift I ate so many salads and casseroles that it came up cheap and B ate at his parents alot wuen picking up R. Which im sure we'll do some nights but I want to try to do as many good family dinners as possible.

I tottally get the not being able to throw something together. I have so much food from couponing that I could make several meals its kust a matter of coming up woth what to make out of it. But also im trying to eat healthier and not all the pasta and mashed potatoes we used to make with every meal.
carole76
by Group Admin on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

South River chicken- so good but high in calories

Take six chicken breast place in casserole dish. Place chip beef over chicken and wrap bacon around each piece. Then take a can of mushroom soup and a small container of sour cream and spread over chicken.  cook for 2 hours or so at 350.  I have done this in a crock pot and used water to help keep the chicken moist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)