Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

July Random Thoughts..

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 8:16 AM
  • 141 Replies

Wow, June went by crazy fast!  We're did the Summer go?  It's July already!

by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carole76
by Group Admin on Jul. 1, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Hello July :)

Bangel23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Almost sad it's July because that means summer is going way too fast! 

This watching the weather for Hocking hills is a killer. We go 8-11th. Now at great chance of rain and thunderstorms. Fingers crossed tight that changes. We had the rain and storms problem when we went last year without the kids. Couldn't do many extras like canoeing, horseback riding, ect because of the weather but could keep going with hiking and such. I don't think we could manage that well with the kids though. Think it would be hard hiking in rain and mud ect with them. And a bad storm like we got last year in a cabin buried in trees would freak them out....scared me last year. 

Bangel23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Lo has a girlfriend up the road. And we went out to gardens in vermillion saturday. Cannot believe we ran into her there! Hung out with her family for a couple hours. These 2 have been running into each other since before they could walk (library storytime). Continued on with 2 years of preschool together. Both going to STEM next year.  She fell 'in love' with him this past year. She used to draw him love pictures and even put her phone number on the picture. hahaha.  I thought he was clueless, but I was texting my sis about it saturday night with the neighbors little girl reading over my shoulder (I'm not used to a kid that can read, hahaha) and she says "you have a girlfriend Logan?!" and Lo smirks and says yes and tells her about his girlfriend. lol

jbarker9
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Jeff found out yesterday that he didn't get the permanent position he applied for, and that the next position won't open until next May because that's when this other guy decided he's going to retire. We thought it would be January. We're both bummed, but at least he still has a job I guess. We thought he might have to be in Cleveland to fill this other guys position, but I guess they are just going down to 3 people in Cleveland, so Jeff will continue to do vacation relief, and will be doing maintenance and other grunt work during the winter when no one is off.

Trying to get out of this funk I've been in for the last few weeks. It's July already, the 4th is my favorite holiday and I just don't care this year. We have to be in 8 places at once Friday and I just want to stay home.

AJB220
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Everything is Kind of put on hold right now. Oh well. We can see our fireworks from our driveway, they are on Thursday night. So at least we cando that.

On a sidenote- A convinced us to do a wacky meal day. Had sandwiches for breakfast, spaghetti for lunch and pancakes for dinner. He is so excited
RyleighJane
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Second day working dayshift and surprisingly im doing alright as far as being awake enough. Just working on getting R to bed earlier.

Land Lord text us last night asking for a huge favor. WAadsworth is doing the fireworks right behind out house. He asked about bringing 20 plus people over just to watch them since they desided they wont be able to see them feom their house. Im like whatever, hes nice to us and doesnt complain when the rents a couple days late. But was looking forward to watching them in peace.
carole76
by Group Admin on Jul. 1, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Sounds like a stressful holiday week.  Hang in there girls.

carole76
by Group Admin on Jul. 1, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Hubby let me know he has off Thursday this week.  Wish he told me earlier before I made plans.  Not sure what to do.  He wants to do a early bike ride and then work on a church members yard.  I'm excitted he is off, just feel like he left me out of the loop.  I guess we are not going to fireworks Friday in Akron.  He want to go hand out at Wingfoot all day.  Love Wingfoot, but don't know what to do with two young kids all day out there.

Bangel23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:36 PM
Can't decide if I want to take the kids out 4th of July night or not. Hubby works & closes that night so won't be home til like 3am. I usually don't go out 4th night...too much crowds and traffic. I hit up all the fireworks shows at all the local cities festivals all summer.

Mack is going to hocking hills with us but I'm boarding puppy MacLeod at the vets. Really started to think about it tonight and I started crying!! Guess the hyper chewing crazy biter truly is part of the family now ;)
carole76
by Group Admin on Jul. 2, 2014 at 6:19 AM

Tammy, we are not doing fireworks on the 4th.  Like you we see enough all year.  Rick really just wants to chill by the lake and enjoy the day at Wingfoot, sowe are going to be there.  If you want something that is family friendly to do during the day, come on down to Wingfoot.   There is a nice playground, put put golf and nice walking trails.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN