Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Alien sighting! In Barberton??!!??!!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:12 PM
  • 3 Replies

Oh, wait, that alien is me!  Or apparently, from the way people look at me around here.  I'm a stranger in a foreign land here in the Akron area.  I don't listen to Whitesnake or have a fondness for mullets (and don't do meth... eeesh! Those people are scary!), so I don't really fit in here in Barbertucky.  So, I'm looking to meet some ladies that are "different".  If you identify as a freak, goth, metalhead, stoner, or all of the above, I'm sure we'd become fast friends.  I'm tired of being the only one getting funny looks.... someone get funny looks with me! 

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
PSMother
by on Jul. 4, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Well, there ARE more types of people living in Barberton than what you mentioned.  Me for example!  I am conservative, but I accept everyone for who they are and/or where they are at this point in their life.  Your description of yourself is not quite my category fit, but you would never get a funny look from me.  How long have you lived here, and where did you move from? 

toopicky429
by on Aug. 6, 2009 at 5:07 AM

I work in Barberton, and I don't have a mullet, =), but I may be scary, lol.

SweetCandyGirl
by on Aug. 6, 2009 at 1:56 PM

LOL well I am a transplant here from New Jersey, accent and all, so I can relate with the feeling like an alien part. Becasue anytime I speak, even if I try my hardest to make my accent subtle, people still say.."Where are you from?" lol My accent is fadding a little bit, seeing I ahve not been back to New Jersey in about 7 months, but oh godh, I know the feeling you are talking about lol

But I dont live in Barberton, and I dont have a mullet and I also dont seem to fall into the type of person you are looking to connect with, however I have met some really nice people and families who  are from Barberton.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)