• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our Easter semi-paleo/primal menu

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:13 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 126 Total Views

Drinks:  peach sangria, sparkling juice, water

Appetizers - deviled eggs, pickle tray, herbed cucumber bites, cream cheese stuffed cherry tomatoes

Entree - ham, maybe with a pineapple ginger glaze

sides - homemade mac & cheese for the non-paleo crowd, roasted asparagus, marinated carrots, corn pudding (kid favorite, not really paleo)

salads - broccoli w/bacon salad, strawberry pretzel fruit salad (again, not completely paleo)

bread - Hawaiian sweet rolls (definitely not paleo, but family wants these)

Desserts - carrot cake roll (contains dairy), fruit tart cookies, banana pudding trifle

by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
scapermom
by Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:54 PM

Can you share recipes for herbed cucumber bites & broccoli w/bacon salad please?

Was thinking of bringing deviled eggs & roasted butternut squash to my sister's. But these sound better!

michiganmom116
by Group Owner on Mar. 23, 2016 at 4:19 PM

Quoting scapermom:

Can you share recipes for herbed cucumber bites & broccoli w/bacon salad please?

Was thinking of bringing deviled eggs & roasted butternut squash to my sister's. But these sound better!

Herbed cucumber bites:

• 8 oz. block of cream cheese
  • 1/4 c. fresh or 1 Tbsp. dried dill
  • 2 Tbsp. dill pickle juice 
  • 3/4 tsp. onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • pepper
  • 1 green onion, finely chopped
  • 1 cucumber (I think I'll use more), sliced
  • fresh parsley for garnish, optional

Beat together cream cheese, dill, pickle juice, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and green onion until smooth.  Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag or Ziploc bag and pipe the mixture onto each cucumber round (I think you could also use a small scoop, maybe a melon baller, to scoop a bit of the mixture onto each slice).  Serve immediately or cover and store in fridge until ready.

I have been wanting to host a tea party type of event and this year Easter was the perfect occasion. We were just having a couple of people over so I did all sorts of small bites. So fun and classy...:

Broccoli Salad

• 1 lb. fresh broccoli, cut into flowerets/sliced tender stalks
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 small white or red onion, diced
  • 1 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients except broccoli in a bowl. Stir in broccoli. Store in refrigerator

scapermom
by Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

THANK YOU!

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting scapermom:

Herbed cucumber bites:

• 8 oz. block of cream cheese
  • 1/4 c. fresh or 1 Tbsp. dried dill
  • 2 Tbsp. dill pickle juice 
  • 3/4 tsp. onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • pepper
  • 1 green onion, finely chopped
  • 1 cucumber (I think I'll use more), sliced
  • fresh parsley for garnish, optional

Beat together cream cheese, dill, pickle juice, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and green onion until smooth.  Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag or Ziploc bag and pipe the mixture onto each cucumber round (I think you could also use a small scoop, maybe a melon baller, to scoop a bit of the mixture onto each slice).  Serve immediately or cover and store in fridge until ready.

I have been wanting to host a tea party type of event and this year Easter was the perfect occasion. We were just having a couple of people over so I did all sorts of small bites. So fun and classy...:

Broccoli Salad

• 1 lb. fresh broccoli, cut into flowerets/sliced tender stalks
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 small white or red onion, diced
  • 1 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients except broccoli in a bowl. Stir in broccoli. Store in refrigerator

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)