Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going to Japan in 5 weeks!!!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:15 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 1105 Total Views

I am so excited!  

I have my plane tickets, passport, rail pass and I am ready to go!

My daughter is currently in Nankoku, teaching and I am going to spend 2 weeks with her.  

She is meeting me in Tokyo and we plan on traveling for a week.  She has it all planned out.  I do know that we are going to Kyoto and Osaka for sure. 

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
melanie62
by on Apr. 7, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Needless to say that I didn't get to go this time. My daughter came home for spring break instead.   I plan on going in  August.  Hopefully things will be better by then.  Praying for Japan.

DocP
by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Glad that you and your daughter are safe.  Praying for Japan too!  My family lives in Okinawa.  It was pretty scary.

melanie62
by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 8:05 PM

It is still very scary with the continual earthquakes and the nuclear plant.  My daughter loves it over there,  the people and the country.  They treat her so well.   I thank God every day that she is way south of everything.  Hope your family continues to do well also.

PaganMommy04
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Did you ever get to take your trip to Japan?

I'm really glad your daughter was safe from the tsunamis.

My SO has family in Japan.  His brother is a school teacher there and has a Japanese wife named Hiromi and they have 2 daughters.  When the earthquake and tsunamis hit, we were really worried about them, but thankfully they weren't anywhere near the tsunamis.  We found out from SO's dad that Shane, Hiromi, and the girls live about 2 hrs north of Tokyo.

coolstepmom50
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Have a great time my daughter hopes to some day to go there.
melanie62
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

YES!  I went to Japan for 2 weeks last August. What an amazing country and people.  My daughter met me in Tokyo and we traveled for a week then I spent the 2nd week at her place in Nankoku on the island of Shikoku.  It was the trip of a lifetime.  She signed up for another year of teaching so I hope to go back next spring.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)