• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There Are Storms Coming......

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:17 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 149 Total Views
2 moms liked this

Franklin Graham: There Are Storms Coming

Franklin Graham: There Are Storms Coming.

Franklin Graham at the Oklahoma City Evangelism Conference.
Franklin Graham at the Oklahoma City Evangelism Conference (Courtesy/Billy Graham Evangelistic Association)

Times have changed. And no politician or political party can save us.

That's what Franklin Graham told an Oklahoma City crowd Monday night at the Oklahoma State Evangelism Conference.

Talking about the forces of secular humanism that have taken root in the United States, Franklin Graham called on Christ followers to take an active interest in politics—from local school board races to Washington.

"Now I'm not talking about Baptists or Republicans and the Tea Party," he said. "I have no confidence that any of these politicians or any party is going to turn this country around. The only hope for this country is for men and women of God to stand up and take a stand."

"Well, you say, 'Now Franklin, your father wouldn't get onto these subjects,'" Franklin Graham said, addressing the need to stand up to secularism.

"Wait a second. My father, when he was going to school, they had a Bible in school," he continued. "When he was going to school, they had the Ten Commandments on the wall. When he was going to school, you could pray in school, and the teachers would lead in those prayers.

"Our country has changed. And we've got to take a stand."

Talking about growing up in the '50s and '60s under the Red Threat, Franklin Graham recalled that communism was seen as the ultimate enemy of freedom.

"When the Berlin Wall came down, everybody said we won," he said. "And secularism came. And secularism and communism are the same thing. They're godless. They're anti Christ."

The message was strong and challenging. But a thread of hope ran through it, from start to finish.

"There is only one who can save," Franklin Graham said. "Only one. Jesus Christ."

Pulling from Matthew 8, where Jesus calmed the storm that had his disciples fearing for their lives, Franklin reminded the crowd that we aren't very different from the people who were with Jesus 2,000 years ago.

"There are storms that are coming," he said. "And we find ourselves in these storms, and many times we as a church, we run and we run to the wrong place.

"You see, Jesus is in the boat. All we have to do is call Him, call on His name."

Sometimes that will mean facing ridicule from a secular world, Franklin Graham continued. But the people of God have to stay strong.

"The secularists and the humanists, you mention the name of Christ, they jump all over you," he said. "I get jumped on all the time. I don't care. I really don't.

"I gave my life to Christ. He died for me; He shed his blood for me. I'm not going to back up, and I'm not going to run."

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Ednarooni160
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:41 PM
4 moms liked this

The bible has told us what will happen in the end times..now that being said I do not know if these are the end times..as I'm sure Christians were thinking the same thing during all the wars..but I I do know that whatever God's plan is..as with the ultimate sacrifice..it will come about..as foretold.  I do think Christians need to stand up.  Seems like in most countries these days (as is happening in the U.S...Christians and Jews are not being accepted/welcomed)..

blondekosmic15
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Ednarooni160:

The bible has told us what will happen in the end times..now that being said I do not know if these are the end times..as I'm sure Christians were thinking the same thing during all the wars..but I I do know that whatever God's plan is..as with the ultimate sacrifice..it will come about..as foretold.  I do think Christians need to stand up.  Seems like in most countries these days (as is happening in the U.S...Christians and Jews are not being accepted/welcomed)..

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Eds. I do believe we are experiencing 'end times' not the end of the world. My understanding is there's a difference between end times and the end of the world. End times, modern civilization as we know it will cease to exist. Jesus will humble humanity because of sin & rebellion. The Chastisement is coming. Several events to take place before this happens. God is warning us. Signs are present everywhere. I believe we will see these biblical events in our lifetime, our children & grandchildren will experience the anti-christ foretold in Sacred Scripture. The hour and day concerning the end of the world is reserved for God according to Scripture but Jesus IS God. Genesis reveals the Trinity, 3 persons in One God. The Father is not One without the Son and the Spirit.

As Christians we are tested in faith and obedience. The Bible reminds us many will be martyred for the faith during 'end times'. The Middle East, a perfect example of coming events. Beheadings are commonplace, violence, hatred the norm. God gives us free will but he will tolerate violence, disrespect for human life for so long. God's justice will prevail. His mercy demands it. 

vic270
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:40 PM
3 moms liked this

I agree with your thoughts on this and I will add that not only are Christians and Jews not accepted/welcomed, we are mocked, forced to accept things that we, as Christians should never be forced to accept and are called racist, bigots and all kinds of names. You can see that on tv, schools, etc. If we even dare express our opinion in some groups on CM, we are called names that I have never even thought of. I don't care though, I have said so many times that my Lord died for me, I will live for him, as best I can.

Quoting Ednarooni160:

jcribb16
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:53 PM
3 moms liked this

I agree with all of you about this.  Good article, Blonde, and thank you for posting it.  If the men and women of God do not continue to stand up for our freedoms and rights, these things of intolerance and hate will happen even more quickly.  I am glad to see there are more young people starting to stand up for God, too.  And many of them have it pretty rough in schools and colleges more and more.

vic270
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:05 PM
3 moms liked this

I will say that if this country is ever turned around, the God fearing Christians  will be the ones to do it. When there are no values to measure anything by, then we are in a lot of trouble. The bible is our guide and is a measure for the Christians to live by,. i know that we are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God, but we are to strive to be Christ like. We are to spread the seed and hope that they take root. Then as Christians look forward to the day that Jesus comes back to recieve his own.

blondekosmic15
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Every generation young people experience more challenges as times, morals increasingly deterioriate. Our faith is tested. Prayer & trust in God will give us strength and perseverance. The faithful will strife to be better, the unfaithful will become worse. I don't recognize America anymore, the country I love dearly. I've spoken to many Americans who share the same sentiments and concerns.

Quoting jcribb16:

I agree with all of you about this.  Good article, Blonde, and thank you for posting it.  If the men and women of God do not continue to stand up for our freedoms and rights, these things of intolerance and hate will happen even more quickly.  I am glad to see there are more young people starting to stand up for God, too.  And many of them have it pretty rough in schools and colleges more and more.

blondekosmic15
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting vic270:

I will say that if this country is ever turned around, the God fearing Christians  will be the ones to do it. When there are no values to measure anything by, then we are in a lot of trouble. The bible is our guide and is a measure for the Christians to live by,. i know that we are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God, but we are to strive to be Christ like. We are to spread the seed and hope that they take root. Then as Christians look forward to the day that jesus comes back to recieve his own.

Thank you vic angel mini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)