• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seems like you all avoided the answer by attacking the poster so...

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2017 at 10:09 PM
  • 118 Replies
  • 1750 Total Views

Are you a white nationalist?  What were your thoughts about the message of the white nationalists in Charlottsville?  Without commenting on the violence, what about the words and message from the torch walk?

Do you agree with their message?  Do you think they are nazis?  If not, why not?

Do you embrace the philosophy?

by on Aug. 12, 2017 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tanyainmizzou
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2017 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Because there is nothing genuine behind these questions. That is why they were avoided.

It is just about condemning people who aren't seething with the hate so many have.
pdxmum
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2017 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Why isn't there anything genuine?  If you agree with whote nationalism, say so.  If you don't then say that.

And you answered.  The hate that was seething from the whote nationalists was quite evident even before the violence started.  If you didn't see it then I guess you agree with their platform.  Nazi salutes and slogans are your jam.

Quoting tanyainmizzou: Because there is nothing genuine behind these questions. That is why they were avoided. It is just about condemning people who aren't seething with the hate so many have.

tanyainmizzou
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2017 at 10:28 PM
4 moms liked this
Quoting pdxmum:

Why isn't there anything genuine?  If you agree with whote nationalism, say so.  If you don't then say that.

And you answered.  The hate that was seething from the whote nationalists was quite evident even before the violence started.  If you didn't see it then I guess you agree with their platform.  Nazi salutes and slogans are your jam.

Quoting tanyainmizzou: Because there is nothing genuine behind these questions. That is why they were avoided.

It is just about condemning people who aren't seething with the hate so many have.

And this is exactly my point.

If we don't follow lock step, the white nationalists must be our jam.

Get back to me when you want a discussion instead of this.
pdxmum
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2017 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Just like our president - none of you will condemn white nationalists.

I would love to have a discussion - but none of you will either own it or condemn it.  Makes it hard to talk about.

I'll start - I condemn it.  It sickened me to see the torches and the blood and soil chanting and the nazi salutes.

I wish more tha anything the antiprotesters would not get violent in return.  But I don't want to wallow in that part.  I want to focus on the idea that whites are oppressed and need torch burning marches to feel enpowered.

Either own it or condemn it or express a middle ground.

I'm not holding my breath.  Listen, I come here because I don't have p[eople in my life that do not condemn this in our country in the strongest terms.  I have no other place to try and understand why white supremacists are on the rise embracing hitler and nazism.

I grieve for the dozens injured and the woman killed by that 20 year old white man from Ohio.

Quoting tanyainmizzou:
Quoting pdxmum:

Quoting tanyainmizzou: Because there is nothing genuine behind these questions. That is why they were avoided. It is just about condemning people who aren't seething with the hate so many have.

And this is exactly my point. If we don't follow lock step, the white nationalists must be our jam. Get back to me when you want a discussion instead of this.

Grapenutfun
by Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 12:02 AM
2 moms liked this
I find it funny how nobody will answer that question. They attacked the last person that asked the question and still won't answer it. Sometimes silence screams the obvious truth. But in the other post the truth came in the form of a bully screaming and shaming someone because they were too afraid to answer that question. I'm just gonna say it, Skippy you are the most disgusting, vile person in this room. You make me sick to my stomach. I really hope that you find your bravery and your bully tactics because you hide behind a keyboard. If you are like this in real life that's a damn shame and I feel sorry for you.
To answer your question, no I am not a white nationalist. Those people are disgusting excuses for human beings. regardless of any political opinion I have, I condemn those people for their actions today. They are full of hatred and send the wrong message. They are nothing more than homegrown terrorists which is a lot scarier than foreign terrorists.
29again
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 12:04 AM
2 moms liked this

Why was MY question in that group avoided?  I know absolutely nothing about what was going on today or yesterday.  I have a real life going on, and I don't stay glued to a thing in my hand that tells me what is going on....  my dd came over to visit, and my grands ended up staying the night..  I've been quite occupied by things that matter today. 

I will do my best to give an answer, even though you will most likely tell me how horrible my position is...  but without knowing what the hell is going on, how do I answer a question? 

quote:

29again

by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2017 at 2:18 PM

Quoting Reading.Rainbow:

Will you join with the political ideals presented in the "Unite the Right" rally today ?

So, is this a trick question?  You ask a loaded question like that, with no guidelines, no info, no nothing?? 

29again
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 12:43 AM
2 moms liked this

It was a loaded question, based on a false assumption.  When that poster is serious, then maybe she will be taken seriously.  Skippy is one of the nicest women I've ever had the chance to get to know.  You, on the other hand, don't seem like someone I want to know, you make assumptions based on nothing about people in this group.  That is what is shameful.

Quoting Grapenutfun: I find it funny how nobody will answer that question. They attacked the last person that asked the question and still won't answer it. Sometimes silence screams the obvious truth. But in the other post the truth came in the form of a bully screaming and shaming someone because they were too afraid to answer that question. I'm just gonna say it, Skippy you are the most disgusting, vile person in this room. You make me sick to my stomach. I really hope that you find your bravery and your bully tactics because you hide behind a keyboard. If you are like this in real life that's a damn shame and I feel sorry for you. To answer your question, no I am not a white nationalist. Those people are disgusting excuses for human beings. regardless of any political opinion I have, I condemn those people for their actions today. They are full of hatred and send the wrong message. They are nothing more than homegrown terrorists which is a lot scarier than foreign terrorists.

SkippyDo
by Obamacare Victim on Aug. 13, 2017 at 1:23 AM
3 moms liked this

I found the question itself to be offensive.  But not surprising considering the source.

SkippyDo
by Obamacare Victim on Aug. 13, 2017 at 1:26 AM
3 moms liked this

Thank you 29, that was very nice of you to say.  

RR was looking for a confrontation and she got it.  Hopefully she feels better and happier because of it. 

Quoting 29again:

It was a loaded question, based on a false assumption.  When that poster is serious, then maybe she will be taken seriously.  Skippy is one of the nicest women I've ever had the chance to get to know.  You, on the other hand, don't seem like someone I want to know, you make assumptions based on nothing about people in this group.  That is what is shameful.

Quoting Grapenutfun: I find it funny how nobody will answer that question. They attacked the last person that asked the question and still won't answer it. Sometimes silence screams the obvious truth. But in the other post the truth came in the form of a bully screaming and shaming someone because they were too afraid to answer that question. I'm just gonna say it, Skippy you are the most disgusting, vile person in this room. You make me sick to my stomach. I really hope that you find your bravery and your bully tactics because you hide behind a keyboard. If you are like this in real life that's a damn shame and I feel sorry for you. To answer your question, no I am not a white nationalist. Those people are disgusting excuses for human beings. regardless of any political opinion I have, I condemn those people for their actions today. They are full of hatred and send the wrong message. They are nothing more than homegrown terrorists which is a lot scarier than foreign terrorists.

SkippyDo
by Obamacare Victim on Aug. 13, 2017 at 2:04 AM
3 moms liked this

And of course I'm not a white nationalist.  Which is why I found the question offensive in the first place.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)