Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had to call the OB nurse

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 4:46 PM
  • 11 Replies
I am still so sick and only 5 weeks tomorrow. I called ob to see what I can do and she was no more help. Med wise she said zofran is last resort, but it's all I tolerate during the day. The others were phenergan (knocks me out), unisom (knocks me out), Reglan (GI said absolutely not due to tremors already), and compazine (had a reaction to it). So she said pretty much I have to just try staying hydrated, and go in for fluids when I become dehydrated. I had hyperemesis with my boys and am headed that way already. Even so, I'm so thankful to be pregnant. I will do this for 9 months if it means a healthy baby.

Anyone else have ideas for me? I work all day so sleeping isn't an option. I'm trying to just snack on crackers and pretzels when I can, and sip on whatever I can. But I definitely see some ER trips in my future. I'm already hormonal and moody and now I want to cry. I can't wait until my OB is finally back Thursday.
by on May. 5, 2015 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alkakfnxcpoem
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 5:20 PM

I'm sure you've heard it a million times before but ginger helps me. Ginger chews, ginger tea, ginger ale...I didn't get that bad with my son though, so it probably won't help if you are feeling that badly :( I hope it doesn't last too long!

mamabaker060811
by on May. 5, 2015 at 6:02 PM
My sister in law had that with my nephew. I'm no help sorry. I know how hard it was for her. Hopefully it doesn't get that bad for you. Sorry. Like previous poster said ginger anything. Also when I was nauseous with the last I drank lots of milk shakes and sucked on lots of blow pops. Seemed to help.
cheergurl84
by Group Admin on May. 5, 2015 at 6:35 PM
I can't have dairy, and am limited with food due to gastroparesis so it's even harder. I've tried ginger tea with no luck, and so far haven't found anything else with ginger in this darn town. It sucks! I'm still on the search though. Something has to give. I can't wait until I have an ultrasound to see the little one causing me all this nausea.

Yesterday I was able to drink 20 ounces, and so far 13 ounces today. I can't drink water at all. Sweet tea and cherry coke are what I can keep down. Not healthy, but she said at this point to drink anything that will stay in. All I've kept down otherwise in the last 2 days are a few pretzels, a few crackers, and maybe 3 chicken nuggets.
OkieOBRN
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 7:04 PM
No ideas here.. except maybe peppermint oil?

I have had good luck with it for car sickness with my daughter
hopeandlove17
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:20 PM
Dilegius
cheergurl84
by Group Admin on May. 5, 2015 at 8:27 PM
That's unisom and B6 together, so unfortunately wouldn't work when I need to function.

Quoting hopeandlove17: Dilegius
cheergurl84
by Group Admin on May. 5, 2015 at 8:28 PM
I feel crampy now and am hoping it's just the lack of fluids and nothing else. So I'm really trying to push them now. I can't wait until bedtime.
hopeandlove17
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:53 PM
Oh yea that is true i forgot im in the same boat once this morning sickness hits full gear

Quoting cheergurl84: That's unisom and B6 together, so unfortunately wouldn't work when I need to function.

Quoting hopeandlove17: Dilegius
crazy4chapstick
by Group Admin on May. 5, 2015 at 9:13 PM
No ideas. I just wanted to say, hang in there!
cheergurl84
by Group Admin on May. 5, 2015 at 9:28 PM
Thanks guys. This is completely worth it.

I just forced myself to drink some gatorade and it's just sitting there. My stomach is so angry. But I'm really trying to avoid the ER at all cost.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)