Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when are you telling kids?

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 2:58 PM
  • 10 Replies
When (how far along) will you tell your kids about the new baby?
still trying to decide when to tell my little one & how.
I'm not sure she will completely understand. Then I'm thinking she will ask all the time about it. she's a right now type of person lol.
I'm thinking maybe after the sonogram on Tuesday, but that's probably too soon. Maybe at 12 weeks.
just curious what everyone else is doing. ...
CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 17, 2015 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armygirl16
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I think we will tell her right before we tell my mother-in-law next week.  I will be 5 weeks then.  It will be so early because it is my mother-in-laws birthday and I think it would be a good time to suprise her.  She has been praying for us to get pregnant for years.  My daughter (who is 6 years 9 months old) has been asking for a brother or sister for a very long time.  :)

aberky
by Alesha on May. 17, 2015 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I have one 5 year old. We aren't telling her for a while. we have been preparing her with the idea for a month or two now. We mention the idea of her being a big sister and what that would involve often. we will tell her close to last, so she doesn't slip it to someone we didn't tell yet.

fairytale3
by Julia on May. 17, 2015 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm probably going to wait until about 8 weeks to tell my 9 and 6 year olds. The youngest will probably know sooner just because she has to go with me to all my appointments and such and she'll just figure it out.
alkakfnxcpoem
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

We told my son already, but he's only 19 months so he doesn't really get it anyway. We did get him to say "baby belly" while pointing to my belly today! It was sweet <3

cheergurl84
by Group Admin on May. 17, 2015 at 6:20 PM
Probably around 13 weeks at the earliest. I prefer to wait just in case we were to have a loss. I'm 7 weeks this Wednesday though, and we've already seen the heartbeat (at 5 weeks 5 days).
hopeandlove17
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this
We told them already there excited except my year old he is mad because of the breastmilk change
ProudMeof2
by on May. 17, 2015 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

We told them already. My daughter keeps telling everyone there is a baby in my tummy and my son was neutral feeling about it.

mommy-realist
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
We're waiting until after my first appointment. I will hopefully be going early June ( insurance is a mess right now) so after that is when we will tell the rest of our immediate family, our parents already know and we will tell our girls right before that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I was going to wait a little, but I was bursting at the seams. We told them the same day we found out, at he dinner table. 

tuckermum
by Crysta on May. 17, 2015 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Ds is only 2 so I don't think he will understand quite yet. He may start to understand whenever i start showing or when baby starts kicking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)