Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

suggestions

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 7:25 PM
  • 5 Replies
I have two kids alreday pregnant with my 3rd. Only things that changed from my last two is my anxiety and insomnia. I stopped taking my medication. Any suggestions on ways to help me relax?
by on May. 17, 2015 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hopeandlove17
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 8:11 PM
The only thing i can do to relax is walk away from everything go to a quite room and sit and deep breaths
aberky
by Alesha on May. 17, 2015 at 8:36 PM

Maybe try and zone in on your favorite music. just play it loud or use headphones and close your eyes. Think of all the new activities you'll be able to enjoy with new baby. you said it was SO's first, so imagine all the firsts of pregnancy that you'll be able to share with him.

tuckermum
by Crysta on May. 17, 2015 at 11:52 PM

Breathing excersies may help the anxiety. breathe in for 4 seconds hold for 7 seconds exhale for 8 seconds. Do that 3x in a row. It will help your body relax and lower your blood pressure.

alkakfnxcpoem
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2015 at 6:48 AM
I've been having anxiety and insomnia problems too. It's gotten to the point where I'm having little panic attacks like every day. I'm going to talk to my doctor about it at my appointment Thursday. I've had panic attacks before but never this bad. I've found that trying breathing exercises actually makes my anxiety worse because I hyperventilate. I've been trying tapping and thinking of happy memories when it gets bad and that helps a lot but they just keep happening. I'm also starting to run every other day to keep the anxiety at bay and help with morning sickness and exhaustion. We'll see what my doctor says Thursday. Hope you feel better soon! Anxiety sucks!
winterfamily201
by Dianna on May. 20, 2015 at 4:07 PM
My anxiety attacks are scary for me. My heart feels like its racing then it stops for a minute then it will start beating normal. My doctor told me hypnosis but I can't focus to pay attention so I can get hypnotized.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)