Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mucous plug?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:26 AM
  • 9 Replies

I definitely had a change in discharge today.  It looked thick and clear like when I ovulate.  High viscosity as well.  I see the midwives tomorrow but it's on my mind.  I know it's normal after 35 weeks (I'm 30, 2) and not necessarily a sign of labor.  No bloody show!  Just clear mucous, about a solid teaspoon or 2's worth.  I've had very little mucous my whole pregnancy.  Or rather mine has manifested as the thick spit you can't swallow no matter how much water you drink! LOL 

by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
RedHeadTemper
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:12 AM

That interesting! I remember when I lost my plug with DD #1 it looked like I sneezed in my hand. I had no bloody show and DD was born a week later. I'm not trying to freak you out or say that's whats happening it just reminded me of that. I've had a lot of discharge this pregnancy. Started out clear and has morphed into the milky color *sigh*

Jenalex04
by Jen on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:47 AM
I've lost some three times over the last month. My doctor said if I ever see blood with it to go in right away but otherwise she isn't concerned because she's checking my cervix weekly and it's still closed. Mine has been shortening significantly which is probably the cause. I would tell your doctor, they might want to check your cervix just in case.
PortlandJane
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

It really does look like I sneezed!!!!  There are boogers on my toilet paper!!!!! Yuck! LOL 

Honestly, I've made it to the 3rd trimester so I'm not freaking out about her coming now.  It would suck!  But she'd survive!  

Quoting RedHeadTemper:

That interesting! I remember when I lost my plug with DD #1 it looked like I sneezed in my hand. I had no bloody show and DD was born a week later. I'm not trying to freak you out or say that's whats happening it just reminded me of that. I've had a lot of discharge this pregnancy. Started out clear and has morphed into the milky color *sigh*

PortlandJane
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

My last cervical ultrasound was at 13 days ago I was 2.5cm long.  At this point the cervix normally starts shortening so that's not really an indication of labor unless there is blood.

Quoting Jenalex04: I've lost some three times over the last month. My doctor said if I ever see blood with it to go in right away but otherwise she isn't concerned because she's checking my cervix weekly and it's still closed. Mine has been shortening significantly which is probably the cause. I would tell your doctor, they might want to check your cervix just in case.

rachel216
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:45 PM
That's happened to me a few times already. My doctor said it was totally fine. And they only checked me once my cervix was closed so that's good....gosh its crazy how close everyone is getting to their due dates!
hopeandlove17
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:23 PM
Yep iv been loosing mine too looks like boogers it's gross
tuckermum
by Crysta on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:03 PM
I have tons of cervical mucus and it ranges from clear to sometimes yellow. Its normal for me though. I didn't lose my mucus plug with ds until closer to labor and I can not remember what it looked like I just know it looked way different than my normal cm.
PortlandJane
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2015 at 1:49 AM

We ended up in the hospital again Thursday.  With the mucous, the diarrhea I'd been having for the previous 3 days, and the 3 straight hours of Braxton hicks they wanted to make sure I wasn't starting to dilate.  My cervix is still 1.5 cm long but I am starting to soften.  The midwife said there was a "divot" but she wasn't going to probe it to see the diameter yet...  I think they were worried about it progressing into labor. 

35 weeks can not come soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenalex04
by Jen on Nov. 1, 2015 at 9:15 AM
Yikes! I'll be thinking about you. I was I was in overnight last weekend with contractions 2 to 3 minutes apart. I'm down to .4cm. I'm glad I hit 28 weeks today! But they need to stay in much longer.

Quoting PortlandJane:

We ended up in the hospital again Thursday.  With the mucous, the diarrhea I'd been having for the previous 3 days, and the 3 straight hours of Braxton hicks they wanted to make sure I wasn't starting to dilate.  My cervix is still 1.5 cm long but I am starting to soften.  The midwife said there was a "divot" but she wasn't going to probe it to see the diameter yet...  I think they were worried about it progressing into labor. 

35 weeks can not come soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)