Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a little stressed...

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:22 AM
  • 6 Replies

The doctors appointment went beautifully yesterday accept that I am 29 weeks and my Fundal height was only 27" They had someone stepping in for the first part of the visit due to being so busy (I was there for 2 and a half hours!). He did admit to potential user error, which I can possibly believe since I didn't feel him locate my pubic bone before measuring. The doctor came in to make sure he covered everything and said to see what I measure next time and they will go from there if it is still off. They said it's not uncommon for growing to slow down a touch in the 3rd trimester =/ I've read that measuring small could mean a small baby or that she could be sideways and breech. Darn the internet, I almost completely believe that she is sideways because I can feel movement on my lower left side above my pelvic bone and then upper right below my rib cage when she stretches.. I'm going to try leaning forward more to hopefully encourage that head to position downwards if she is sideways.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bethann9988
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this
When do you go back?
2.5 I would have had a fit! I'm sitting here waiting now and one woman just left. She got up said she wants the first morning appointment and walked out.

Hopefully they were wrong and everything is going great. Try to relax
RedHeadTemper
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:20 PM

Doc said 4 weeks but everyone had gone home by the time my appointment was over so I am going to try and get something for the middle of Nov about a week or too sooner.

Quoting bethann9988: When do you go back? 2.5 I would have had a fit! I'm sitting here waiting now and one woman just left. She got up said she wants the first morning appointment and walked out. Hopefully they were wrong and everything is going great. Try to relax

CafeMom Tickers
rachel216
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:54 PM
With my oldest I was measuring 2 weeks ahead and went in for a routine appt I was measuring the same as I did my last appointment. They ordered an ultrasound just to be on the safe side. And everything was fine. They wanted to make sure she was still growing and had room to grow still. Everything is probably fine. I wouldn't worry. My last ultrasound with this pregnancy he was breach my doctor didn't seem to worried then either
tuckermum
by Crysta on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Did they say they could feel how she was positioned. I know sometimes they can. I would get an exercise ball it supposed to help them position better plus it was amazing when I have back pain.
RedHeadTemper
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:34 PM
They didn't, he even asked if they told me her position during the ultrasound. I told him no (my last ultrasound was around 18wks). I'm going to be way more pushy at my next appointment.
crazy4chapstick
by Group Admin on Oct. 30, 2015 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter was sideways until about a week or two before she was born. She moved when she was ready. Don't worry.
I was way more comfortable when she was sideways lol. P.s. she often still sleeps sideways.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)