Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I failed my GD test

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:54 PM
  • 9 Replies
I get up at 3:45 to get DF off to work so in my mind I could have coffee and be fine no big deal right...WRONG! I failed now I'm super stressed! I don't know if I actually have gestational diabetes or the coffee!!!
I'm almost 31 weeks I've gained almost 20 pounds. I feel so upset I don't know why I had coffee now I'm just terrified but the doctor didn't freak out so maybe I didn't fail by to much
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Jenalex04
by Jen on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:09 PM
I was told that most people who fail the one hour will pass the three hour. Try not to worry!
bethann9988
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:12 PM
Thank you. I should have known better than to have coffee

Quoting Jenalex04: I was told that most people who fail the one hour will pass the three hour. Try not to worry!
Jenalex04
by Jen on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:23 PM
Drink lots of water too!

Quoting bethann9988: Thank you. I should have known better than to have coffee

Quoting Jenalex04: I was told that most people who fail the one hour will pass the three hour. Try not to worry!
cheergurl84
by Group Admin on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:11 PM
Unless you added a bunch of sugar and creamer to it, coffee alone is a very low carb drink and shouldn't alter your result much. I did my test differently, but with the regular glucose test, my clinic says to eat your regular meals...no need to fast. My guess is your result was probably pretty accurate. But a lot of people who fail the 1 hour, pass the 3 hour.
bethann9988
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:07 PM
I added my creamer. Next time I'm going to be careful drink nothing eat nothing.

Quoting cheergurl84: Unless you added a bunch of sugar and creamer to it, coffee alone is a very low carb drink and shouldn't alter your result much. I did my test differently, but with the regular glucose test, my clinic says to eat your regular meals...no need to fast. My guess is your result was probably pretty accurate. But a lot of people who fail the 1 hour, pass the 3 hour.
tuckermum
by Crysta on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:53 PM
I bet your fine. That sucks that you will have to do the 3 hr. : /
ittyprincess604
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 1:22 PM
This is how the office did it when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was told to eat regular and that I didn't have to do anything special.

I hope the 3 hr test comes back normal for you!

Quoting cheergurl84: Unless you added a bunch of sugar and creamer to it, coffee alone is a very low carb drink and shouldn't alter your result much. I did my test differently, but with the regular glucose test, my clinic says to eat your regular meals...no need to fast. My guess is your result was probably pretty accurate. But a lot of people who fail the 1 hour, pass the 3 hour.
RedHeadTemper
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 2:49 PM

That's a bummer! don't beat yourself up too much. You had to way of knowing that would happen. I've also heard that many people who failt he 1 hour pass the 3 hour. A bit more inconvient but I'm sure you'll be fine mama =)

bethann9988
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 4:31 PM
Thanks ladies!! It makes me feel better
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)