Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate it when..

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:49 PM
  • 7 Replies
Am I the only one who feels this way? If I have a moment where I forget something, or do something stupid, I hear, it's okay, you are pregnant. Umm no! I'm sorry but I don't find forgetting something important okay regardless, or acting like a fool when someone or something makes me mad. I work a professional job and both at work and at home, I still want to be seen as a mature adult, and role model. I guess I just hate it when something happens, and because I'm pregnant it's like an excuse for it to be okay. Luckily, I'm not a very emotional person, and am good at keeping my composure. It's just something that's on my mind since one day someone at work acted like it's okay to use pregnancy as an excuse for things. Yes, I am pregnant, but I will still do a great job at work, and won't have a meltdown if things don't go my way. I want them to look at my strengths/weaknesses as a person, not as just a pregnant person.
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
crazy4chapstick
by Group Admin on Oct. 30, 2015 at 9:04 AM
Yes. People are always throwing that out there. we'll you're pregnant. ....AND?!
ittyprincess604
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 10:56 AM
Oh my gosh, so much yes. I hate when people say stuff like that! And it's for everything. I have a cold. "Yea you get sick easy when your pregnant". Um no, I have 3 kids, 2 of which are in school and bring germs home daily. I'm hungry "that comes with being pregnant". No that comes with being alive. Im tired. "Pregnancy is exhausting". Um so are my other kids.
RedHeadTemper
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 11:51 AM

I get that now and then but pretty much shurg it off. I'm mostly being lazy about it but so far the mistakes have been minor, Like leaving a paper in the other room etc. It would drive me bonkers if I heard it more often though.

amber710
by Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 3:13 PM

It actually doesn't bother me at all. My boss tends to say it more like "If I were carrying a baby around inside me, I would expect somebody to help me move that...let me get it for you" or "You really shouldn't have to worry about that, you are pregnant. Lets find so and so to do it!"

**Shrugs** Okie dokie. 

I do have pregnancy brain and I am klutzy lately...and I do attribute both to being pregnant. I am less "on the ball". And the whole first trimester I was really sickly and running to bathroom all the time, so any condolances of "Its ok, you are pregnant" were really acceptable to me then too. I was a tired, hot mess who couldn't keep food down and that is not just me. I'm glad people remembered that I normally wasn't that way and attributed it to my pregnancy, rather than thinking I was just letting myself go. Haha. It kind of is the same to me as if a co-worker had an uncomfortable injury or illness. I would tell her "It's ok, relax. You are getting over the flu (or whatever)" and I wouldn't mean it as a judgment. 

bethann9988
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 4:43 PM
I'm beyond flighty so it doesn't bother me I just hate the lack of energy and everyone saying it's ok your pregnant in that sense.
winterfamily201
by Dianna on Oct. 30, 2015 at 4:56 PM
Oh my God yes! While at work I am not allowed to raise my arms over my head..... Or lift a box of bread off the floor. Or any bread off the floor. I know my limit. I pretty sure me raising my arms over my head won't wrap the umbilical cord around his neck! Come on I wash my hair my arms are over my head!
tuckermum
by Crysta on Oct. 30, 2015 at 6:57 PM
Im a sahm and rarely go anywhere. Only person I hear pregnancy related stuff is dh really. That would piss me off to be at work and be told that all the time though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)