Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Caffeine while breastfeeding / pumping?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 10:25 AM
  • 9 Replies
Do you limit your caffeine during breastfeeding / pumping?
I have been sticking to decaf coffee like I did during pregnancy(it madequate me feel sick). Although, I recently read you can have 2-3 normal size cups of coffee. Only 1% of what you drink gets into your milk. Of course you have to watch to make sure your baby doesn't get fussy or gassy.
Since my baby was already fussy and gassy . I didn't want to chance it.
I have had the occasional soda that had caffeine though. my body wasn't used to it and I couldn't sleep lol.
I do miss caffeine and some of those coffees that can't be made decaf at Starbucks!
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rachel216
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 10:36 AM
I haven't cut out caffeine completely but I found out I can't drink more then 1-2 12 oz of pop if that. I haven't even tried coffee.
Have you tried a double chocolate chip frappuccino? Its caffeine free and its amazing!
Jenna13Wilson
by Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I still drink my coffee! I also did when I was pregnant.
cheergurl84
by Group Admin on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Heck no. I still drink caffeine. My doc has me on a migraine med with caffeine in it as well.
bethann9988
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I cut back from 3 cups to 1 cup while pregnant. Since having him I'm at 2 cups a day.

I did the same with DD and I was told since I had drank it during pregnancy that it wouldn't have much of an impact at all but my doctor said more than 2 cups could cause gas or constipation.
alkakfnxcpoem
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I continued having 1 cup of coffee through pregnancy and still am now. I also have a fioricet prescription which has caffeine and I've been taking that sometimes too.
PortlandJane
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a tea drinker and that hasn't changed the entire time I was pregnant to now. I drink at least 2 cups a day.I am caffeine sensitive so I don't drink it later in the day. Hazel doesn't seem affected by it. I wasn't until I was in my late 20s, dad can drink a monster than go to bed an hour later!
tuckermum
by Crysta on Jan. 24, 2016 at 10:26 AM
I don't usually drink caffeine. I'll have a coffee maybe once every few months. I never drink pop.
crazy4chapstick
by Group Admin on Jan. 24, 2016 at 6:19 PM
Oh yum. I will have to try that. I got a,giftcard for Christmas. they just built a new location across the street from our pediatrician too....

Quoting rachel216: I haven't cut out caffeine completely but I found out I can't drink more then 1-2 12 oz of pop if that. I haven't even tried coffee.
Have you tried a double chocolate chip frappuccino? Its caffeine free and its amazing!
crazy4chapstick
by Group Admin on Jan. 24, 2016 at 6:20 PM
I used to be like you. I got used to having a cup everyday back when I used to work in an office.

Quoting tuckermum: I don't usually drink caffeine. I'll have a coffee maybe once every few months. I never drink pop.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)