Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Days & Nights confused help me please

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:51 PM
  • 15 Replies
I've been trying to get him to sleep at night it's not working no matter where we sleep or how. I Got him the bouncer chair and he napped in the evening but wouldn't stay asleep. I'm starting to wonder if he doesn't have his days & nights a little mixed up. From 10pm-2am he wants to be awake nursing the last week since I've been trying to get him in his own bed and I've been watching the time. Then from 2 on he is tired but easily awoken until around 7:00 Am and that's when I can start getting him to sleep so then once I have to get up to clean and cook and whatever else he'll be great napping so I get everything done but I'm exhausted from getting 2-4 hours of sleep. I don't know how to fix this
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PortlandJane
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:42 PM
I feel you!!!! I've been told to make sure baby is getting day light. Open the blinds during the day, go on walks, etc. Hazel still sleeps best in the late morning but she is awake a good chunk of the afternoon! She is also UP at some point between 11-4am...
bethann9988
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:39 PM
He doesn't see much day light that's for sure.
Tomorrow I'll try to get us out for a bit

Quoting PortlandJane: I feel you!!!! I've been told to make sure baby is getting day light. Open the blinds during the day, go on walks, etc. Hazel still sleeps best in the late morning but she is awake a good chunk of the afternoon! She is also UP at some point between 11-4am...
PortlandJane
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:46 PM
We keep joking Hazel is a vampire. We have yet to determine if she sparkles in the sun or turns to dust as it is winter in Portland and wet. ;)

Quoting bethann9988: He doesn't see much day light that's for sure.

Quoting PortlandJane: I feel you!!!! I've been told to make sure baby is getting day light. Open the blinds during the day, go on walks, etc. Hazel still sleeps best in the late morning but she is awake a good chunk of the afternoon! She is also UP at some point between 11-4am...
bethann9988
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2016 at 3:00 AM
Carmine is suppose to make his first real outing next weekend to go see his nanny in the Mardi Gras parade (not in New Orleans) so we'll see how he handles that. This is the first winter in the south so he is lucky but seriously the boy is 3.5 weeks we've left the house 4 times lol

Quoting PortlandJane: We keep joking Hazel is a vampire. We have yet to determine if she sparkles in the sun or turns to dust as it is winter in Portland and wet. ;)

PortlandJane
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2016 at 3:15 AM
I've been determined to not be stuck at home. Hazel is usually ok during the day so I've been lunching. She sleeps in the car so that's worked out well. I've also had so many appointments it's ridiculous! Between lactation consultants and pediatrician appointments and then mine I feel like I spent most of the first 2 weeks at the hospital campus!!!!

Quoting bethann9988: Carmine is suppose to make his first real outing next weekend to go see his nanny in the Mardi Gras parade (not in New Orleans) so we'll see how he handles that. This is the first winter in the south so he is lucky but seriously the boy is 3.5 weeks we've left the house 4 times lol

Quoting PortlandJane: We keep joking Hazel is a vampire. We have yet to determine if she sparkles in the sun or turns to dust as it is winter in Portland and wet. ;)

bethann9988
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2016 at 3:58 AM
All day he wants to cluster feed so getting out of the house is impossible it takes forever. I hate it we are so isolated that doesn't help with how resentful I've become toward DF.
We do the same routine everyday I just might clean something different than the day before and I cook a different dinner.

I think it's great your getting out that has to help. I saw in the picture you went to paint plates that's really cute!!

Quoting PortlandJane: I've been determined to not be stuck at home. Hazel is usually ok during the day so I've been lunching. She sleeps in the car so that's worked out well. I've also had so many appointments it's ridiculous! Between lactation consultants and pediatrician appointments and then mine I feel like I spent most of the first 2 weeks at the hospital campus!!!!

Quoting bethann9988: Carmine is suppose to make his first real outing next weekend to go see his nanny in the Mardi Gras parade (not in New Orleans) so we'll see how he handles that. This is the first winter in the south so he is lucky but seriously the boy is 3.5 weeks we've left the house 4 times lol

tuckermum
by Crysta on Jan. 24, 2016 at 10:38 AM
That's rough : /. All I can think of doing is turning on lots of lights during the day and getting it really dark at night. I hope you can find a way to get him to sleep better.
PortlandJane
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2016 at 11:43 AM
My mom and my in laws were here and I thought they'd all enjoy it. 😄😄

Quoting bethann9988: All day he wants to cluster feed so getting out of the house is impossible it takes forever. I hate it we are so isolated that doesn't help with how resentful I've become toward DF.
We do the same routine everyday I just might clean something different than the day before and I cook a different dinner.

I think it's great your getting out that has to help. I saw in the picture you went to paint plates that's really cute!!

Quoting PortlandJane: I've been determined to not be stuck at home. Hazel is usually ok during the day so I've been lunching. She sleeps in the car so that's worked out well. I've also had so many appointments it's ridiculous! Between lactation consultants and pediatrician appointments and then mine I feel like I spent most of the first 2 weeks at the hospital campus!!!!

sarah4gandh
by Member on Jan. 24, 2016 at 3:28 PM
There's nothing you can do. It's normal and expected. It's basic biology. Your milk supply is based on the hormone prolactin. Prolactin is most present between 12-5 am. He is boosting your supply (insuring his survival) for the near future. Do not limit feelings, do not give pacifiers or bottles. He will grow out of this phase. But there's nothing you can do to "fix it" bc nothing's broken. This too shall pass.
sarah4gandh
by Member on Jan. 24, 2016 at 3:29 PM
Feedings, not feelings
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)