Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love this age!

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:48 PM
  • 7 Replies
Call me crazy, but the newborn stage is the best. DD has reflux so is very spitty and has moments she hurts and wants to cry, but other than that, it's been an amazing 3 weeks. I absolutely love it and am so happy. She makes me smile everyday. I love all her cute noises, her little cry, all the facial expressions she makes, I love how she snuggles into me, and how content she is nursing. I also love watching her as she sleeps, as well as when she looks around with those unsteady tired eyes.

She may be my 3rd, but I can't get over how happy I feel and how completely blessed I am. She completes our family and makes my heart so happy. I am trying to cherish these moments as before I know it, she will be a big girl.
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
PortlandJane
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2016 at 1:24 AM
You are so lucky that you see everything in such a positive light. I'm overwhelmed most of the time. I'm the "fix it" type and I can't fix her colic! No matter how much I jiggle or play the white noise machine or put her in the swing or do her stretches, it only resolves itself when she toots/poops! I feel incompetent. And I HATE being weepy! I'm also pretty sure my husband is going to drown me at birth if I say sorry one more time...
bethann9988
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2016 at 2:55 AM
This stage is adorable. I love his big eyes when he farts like wow mommy and he just looks at me. Or when it's 2 am he is nursing just looking up like so what are we going to do next!! I love how he will be crying but the minute I pick him up and kiss his cheek he stops.
This goes by so quickly and soon he will be all over the place climbing the walls. I am a nervous person and he is so helpless I can't wait till he can sit up and talk.
cheergurl84
by Group Admin on Jan. 24, 2016 at 3:27 AM
Hang in there mama! It does get easier. Could she have reflux, and not colic? That definitely would explain the fussiness.

Quoting PortlandJane: You are so lucky that you see everything in such a positive light. I'm overwhelmed most of the time. I'm the "fix it" type and I can't fix her colic! No matter how much I jiggle or play the white noise machine or put her in the swing or do her stretches, it only resolves itself when she toots/poops! I feel incompetent. And I HATE being weepy! I'm also pretty sure my husband is going to drown me at birth if I say sorry one more time...
tuckermum
by Crysta on Jan. 24, 2016 at 10:32 AM
That's amazing. I'm so happy for you. It's only been 2 days for us but she has been such an easy baby. Latches great only cries when she is hungry. She is so perfect in every way.
PortlandJane
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2016 at 11:42 AM
She started spitting up a fair bit in the last week. She didn't her first 2. I thought it was because we have been getting aggressive about her nursing since she's under weight. Reflux may be an issue... I've started avoiding garlic and that seems to help. She's still super gassy but she's working it out faster.

Quoting cheergurl84: Hang in there mama! It does get easier. Could she have reflux, and not colic? That definitely would explain the fussiness.

Quoting PortlandJane: You are so lucky that you see everything in such a positive light. I'm overwhelmed most of the time. I'm the "fix it" type and I can't fix her colic! No matter how much I jiggle or play the white noise machine or put her in the swing or do her stretches, it only resolves itself when she toots/poops! I feel incompetent. And I HATE being weepy! I'm also pretty sure my husband is going to drown me at birth if I say sorry one more time...
Hannahsmommy816
by Member on Jan. 24, 2016 at 5:23 PM

aww that's how i felt w/my 3rd baby girl....finally felt like not a newb! and now she's going on 2.5yrs old

crazy4chapstick
by Group Admin on Jan. 24, 2016 at 6:41 PM
Awww.
Newborns are nice but I love the 6 months stage and again around 2 are my favorites.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)