Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleep fighting

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:57 PM
  • 7 Replies
What do you do? We've tried playing it out, hugging it out and crying it out. She's as stubborn as me... I let her initiate nap time, if we only have one it sucks but is ok. She usually passes out when she nurses but lately that's not doing the trick!
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
HappyFamilyOf5
by Ronnette on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:08 PM
Lately Armando has been super fussy all the time and not wanting to sleep also. Last night I let him cry it out but he really fought for a long time so I barely slept.
PortlandJane
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 2:04 AM
When I've tried cry it out she literally screams herself hoarse instead of going down... she will scream for 10 minutes straight and that's my limit.

Quoting HappyFamilyOf5: Lately Armando has been super fussy all the time and not wanting to sleep also. Last night I let him cry it out but he really fought for a long time so I barely slept.
tuckermum
by Crysta on Jan. 14, 2017 at 9:15 AM
I usually just try and get her to stay laying down and if she is really fighting it hard I give up let her play a little more and try again a little later.
PortlandJane
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 2:44 PM
Hazel winds herself up with play! She's gone 4 hours after failed bed time and still fought me until she passed out

Quoting tuckermum: I usually just try and get her to stay laying down and if she is really fighting it hard I give up let her play a little more and try again a little later.
tuckermum
by Crysta on Jan. 14, 2017 at 3:33 PM
Yeah it's usually still a fight. As long as a she naps before 4 she usually is pretty easy at night but nap time is the worst and to keep her asleep at nap time I have to hold her. Other wise she will take a 15 min nap and be cranky the rest of the day. Which holding her wouldn't be an issue if I didn't have a crazy 4 year old. Lol
Ds never had a set bedtime, we started a bedtime routine once verona was born. He would be up until 11 no problem. Now we take showers at 7 get in bed by 730 and if I'm lucky Veronas asleep by 8 and Ds is asleep by 830. Last night Ds was up until 11 though lol.

Quoting PortlandJane: Hazel winds herself up with play! She's gone 4 hours after failed bed time and still fought me until she passed out

Quoting tuckermum: I usually just try and get her to stay laying down and if she is really fighting it hard I give up let her play a little more and try again a little later.
alkakfnxcpoem
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2017 at 6:45 PM
If you're going to cry it out you have to really commit or it doesn't work lol. We decided to do it the weekend after thanksgiving and just let her go. She cried maaayyybe half an hour the first time and that was the longest she went by far. After three nights she was sleeping through the night and putting herself to sleep without issue.
But...she has been fighting naps and going to sleep lately. Must be a developmental milestone or something around this time!
HunnyBabie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2017 at 12:38 PM

I knocked mine down to one nap recently.  She takes a bottle when she's getting run down late in the morning and that rest/refuel generally helps her keep going until after lunch.  She naps for about 2-2.5 hours (unless her brothers wake her up), and then she's good to go until bedtime.

Mine can keep herself awake whenever she wants, and she's a night owl like her father. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)