Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth control not working

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:13 PM
  • 4 Replies
I just found out the antibiotics that my dermatologist put me on are a moderate drug interaction with my birth control. I've been on the antibiotics for a couple months. Uh. No wonder I've been craving chocolate. My dr told me today I have a little blood in my urine. So now I have to stop the antibiotics and see if they can give me something else. I told the dermatologist I was on the pill. Uh. Would have been crazy if I got pregnant!

**update ** I'm now realizing the urine test they did at the dr office does not check for pregnancy. So I took a test, just in case. It was negative. I'll take another in a couple weeks.
Crazy. Crazy.
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tuckermum
by Crysta on Aug. 5, 2017 at 2:29 PM
Oh no!!! That's crazy!!
crazy4chapstick
by Group Admin on Aug. 6, 2017 at 4:41 PM
**update ** I'm now realizing the urine test they did at the dr office does not check for pregnancy. So I took a test, just in case. It was negative. I'll take another in a couple weeks.
Crazy. Crazy.
HappyFamilyOf5
by Ronnette on Aug. 18, 2017 at 9:08 PM

Have u retested yet?

crazy4chapstick
by Group Admin on Aug. 21, 2017 at 11:21 PM
I did. Not sure if it was to early.
My body had felt weird like I had ovulated. Idk if I did. I tested about 8 days after. It was negative.
Still feeling slightly weird. Maybe it's just my body adjusting to bc.
When I called dermatologist. She was like oh yeah it's normally a low risk so we don't counsel people on it. They said I could take a lower dose or just go without.

Quoting HappyFamilyOf5:

Have u retested yet?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)