Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cyst on babys brain and heart at 20 weeks

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:36 AM
  • 10 Replies

I went for my ultrasound and was beyond happy for the doctor to tell me its a girl but he quickly took that joy away by telling me there was a cyst on the baby's brain and heart shown on the ultrasound. I'm suppose to go in for blood work tomorrow and I'm really worried. Has this ever happened to anyone before? This is not my first pregnancy however I've never been told something like this

by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wldntulike2no
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:40 PM
Omg i am so sorry sweetie. My 22 yr old brother has a cyst on his brain and is always having seizures. Its scarey. Good luck
Sahaira
by Michelle on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:59 PM

I don't even know what to say or how to respond. I don't how ever want to read this and not say anything....

no I have never had this happen. I don't know much about it either but I will be thinking of you and praying for you.

congrats on your baby girl, keep us updated as you find out more please and I will continuously keep you and her in my thoughts.

i have always told myself we only get the challenges we are able to handle. 

MamaJ123
by Jenny on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:13 PM
I'm sorry honey, my sisters bil has one. It doesn't bother him that much but he has seizures.
HapyMommy
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:40 PM
I was told with my 2nd dd that she had several soft markers for Down syndrome and one of those symptoms was a choroid plexus cyst on the brain. They did a very extensive ultrasound and recommended we do an amnio to confirm. Dh and I chose not to have the amnio because the risk wasn't worth it to us and our daughter is a normal perfectly healthy kid. It was scary but realizing all that worry was for no reason is really annoying. Wishing the same outcome for you-perfectly healthy baby and all this worry is for nothing. Sorry you have to go through this...
mekagirl33
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:54 PM
I'm so sorry you're going thru this honey I personally haven't been thru that but I'm praying it's going to be ok for the Lil princess
Oliviajayne
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 6:45 PM
Congratulations on the news of a girl.
I'm so sorry about the other news though. Sending hugs and prayers.
Cmyfantasyworld
by Christine on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:23 PM

Hold out hope that all will be well. 

My youngest had soft markers for downs that included a cyst on her brain and white spot in her heart. They did another ultrasound and the cyst had already gone away, the white spot remained. The ultrasound tech I saw today for our baby boy said that she would not be concerned with two soft markers and no other information because it is a common occurance. 

If you read up on the cysts, there is a high chance that they disappear and are merly a result of the formation of the babys brain. 

Hugs and good luck

CMLittle719
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2015 at 4:32 PM

so sorry to hear. hope everything works out. stay strong momma!

Jameyluv
by Member on Sep. 29, 2015 at 12:05 PM

Thank you so much ladies for your support. I'm still very much concerned but, I've tried not to stress because i don't want it to have an impact on her. I just keep praying that all will be well at my next ultrasound. I've switched doctors and i will await to see what my new doctor is able to see when he does his ultrasound. His office has much better reviews and also in a better location than my last.

MrsKH
by Kara on Sep. 29, 2015 at 3:48 PM
I have heard of cysts disappearing over time. What's the next step after the bloodwork? I understand that you're probably extremely anxious but try to remain calm and we will all keep you in our thoughts and prayers!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)