Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Totally not pregnancy related but....HALLOWEEN related eeek I'm excited

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

Okay if my title wasn't obvious enough I love Halloween, I do have kids already which makes it super special (all you first time moms out there are in for a real treat)

Had to share my two kidlets with you I just did their photos the other day myself and these two are probably my favorite was hard to pick I did so many.

what are all of your plans for Halloween and Halloween weekend?

mine is busy busy busy my parents are coming down a few days before Halloween first time since we moved to Michigan, Friday night they are going to meet my husbands family for the first time we are all carving pumpkins and doing a Halloween type of potluck since it is at my house I planned on makin potato soup, home made chili and hot dogs. ( if any of you ladies of some amazing receipes for potato soup and chili please please please share with me!!!) 

saturday trick o treating ( I like doing themes as you can see my kids are tinker bell and Peter Pan last year they were the big bad wolf and little riding hood ) I wanted to dress up this year with them but I'm not feeling it, there is some funny and crazy pregnancy outfits for Halloween though hahaha

and then Sunday we are celebrating my sons 4th birthday it's all toy story themed but it's a costume party for the kids to wear their costumes one more day. So much fun.

you ladies doing anything fun? Carving pumpkins etc?

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bananas2u
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 8:53 AM
They are adorable!

This yead ds is Thomas the train.
His first Halloween he was a pirate, I was the ship and wore him, and daddy was a treasure map.
Last year ds was a parrot, and I was a tree. Daddy wasn't anything because he couldn't get off work any of the Halloween days.

Ds first Halloween was the only one that I knew he would be a pirate, and searched for that costume, because his nursery theme was duckies and pirates.
Second one, I just came across the parrot and decided it was too adorable to pass up. And the same with the Thomas the train. He's not big on the show, but will watch it. But he absolutely loves trains! I got him Thomas the train clothes last weekend, and all his pjs were dirty so I let him wear it to bed and he danced around singing choochoo train. Lol.

I don't know if I will dress up. Nothing specific has popped in my head to go along with a train. I might just be a "passenger" lol!
hip2it
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 9:10 AM
I don't have the older 3 this year, dad's weekend. Just the almost 2 year old. He's going to be a dragon. Dh is dressing up as.... isk, something. I'm not dressing up. Usually my mom and stepdad come over and hand out candy while we go trick or treating, so I assume we will do that again. Sometimes my brother has a party for the kids, so we will make an appearance there if he does it this year.

Dh is really into Halloween. Christmas is my holiday. I've already started thinking about tree designs, as there are 10 trees that go up in my house from 2 ft to 12 ft and then the outside stuff. I'm dying to drag it all out so I can see what I have and what I need to get.
momof3inTN
by Barbie on Oct. 9, 2015 at 9:15 AM

Mobile Photo

We're having trouble figuring it out this year. Last year my daughter was Elsa and my (then) 2 year old was Olaf.

I have no idea what my teenagers are dressing as (14 and 15). My daughter (9) is thinking she wants to be an archer from clash of clans. And I don't know what to do for my 3 and almost 2 year olds.
xasasa
by Charlene on Oct. 9, 2015 at 9:51 AM

My daughter is going to be Venus (goddess) and my son is going to be an army sniper. Usually I make their costumes but this year I decided to let them choose between store bought and mommy made.

precious_bebis
by Mrz.Robles on Oct. 11, 2015 at 10:02 AM
Im excited as well cant waity son will be in mexico with my parents im sending a ninja turtle costume with him and my daughter says she wants to be a ladybug/bumblebee not sure my husband wants her to be a racoon uggh lol
precious_bebis
by Mrz.Robles on Oct. 11, 2015 at 10:03 AM
Btw your pics look great better than great amazing love it and ur kids are soooo cuteeeee
Sahaira
by Michelle on Oct. 11, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Thanks I wish that I could take my own maternity and family photos, it's so expensive to get some professional to do it. I love photography and do photos for all my friends free. I like the bumble bee costumes they are really cute so is the raccoon the lady bug would be my last pick out of those three but raccoon and bumble bee are adorable. For bumble bee you could do the cutest photos!!! Make a really big flower and have her curl up on it and take a photo from above.

Quoting precious_bebis: Btw your pics look great better than great amazing love it and ur kids are soooo cuteeeee

MamaJ123
by Jenny on Oct. 11, 2015 at 2:13 PM
Aww so cute!
We're carving pumpkins and watching scary movies. That's about it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)