Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Excited and worried

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:02 PM
  • 11 Replies
My husband has been applying for jobs for a year now. Today, he was offered one in Florida. I'm so excited (especially to be moving to a warmer climate) but they want him to start the beginning of January sometime.

So now I have to fix up and pack up the house, make it presentable to put on the market, hope it sells quickly, find a place in FL that will take a family of 7 with 2 dogs and 2 cats (rental until we can find a new place to buy).

And I have to do all of this while in the most uncomfortable stage of pregnancy.

And I'll have to find a new doctor and hospital in my last 2 months!

I was really hoping to wait until after the baby was born to move.

I'm a nervous wreck right now.
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommabearto6
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Where do you live? Is it possible for you to stay till after baby? I just did a move just like this. 8 of us. 1 dog and 1 cat. We did find a great place but it isnt easy. Hugs hun

Oliviajayne
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Everything will fall into place.
momof3inTN
by Barbie on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:46 PM
We're in Nashville, TN so it's too far a trip for him to move down there and come back for the birth. :-(

Quoting mommabearto6:

Where do you live? Is it possible for you to stay till after baby? I just did a move just like this. 8 of us. 1 dog and 1 cat. We did find a great place but it isnt easy. Hugs hun

mekagirl33
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 12:22 AM
Where in Florida,cause that's where I currently living until April we're moving to Nebraska hubby got contract for 2 years or more depending on the load.

Quoting momof3inTN: My husband has been applying for jobs for a year now. Today, he was offered one in Florida. I'm so excited (especially to be moving to a warmer climate) but they want him to start the beginning of January sometime.

So now I have to fix up and pack up the house, make it presentable to put on the market, hope it sells quickly, find a place in FL that will take a family of 7 with 2 dogs and 2 cats (rental until we can find a new place to buy).

And I have to do all of this while in the most uncomfortable stage of pregnancy.

momof3inTN
by Barbie on Oct. 30, 2015 at 12:42 AM
The Vero Beach and Port St. Lucia area is where we are looking. The job is in Vero Beach but home prices are better a little south.

Quoting mekagirl33: Where in Florida,cause that's where I currently living until April we're moving to Nebraska hubby got contract for 2 years or more depending on the load.

Quoting momof3inTN: My husband has been applying for jobs for a year now. Today, he was offered one in Florida. I'm so excited (especially to be moving to a warmer climate) but they want him to start the beginning of January sometime.

mekagirl33
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 2:12 AM
Vero Beach is nice,and yeah the prices in Port St.Luce are cheap, we're in South Florida, Ft.Lauderdale I'm glad we're leaving it's too crowded if I had my pick I would to Orlando or GA but Nebraska it is for now. The transition will be overwhelming but it's gonna be ok.

Quoting momof3inTN: The Vero Beach and Port St. Lucia area is where we are looking. The job is in Vero Beach but home prices are better a little south.

Quoting mekagirl33: Where in Florida,cause that's where I currently living until April we're moving to Nebraska hubby got contract for 2 years or more depending on the load.

Sahaira
by Michelle on Oct. 30, 2015 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate moving its stressful but it's always some how worked out. And always does.

CMLittle719
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2015 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Everything will be ok momma! Try not to stress to much over it or over do the packing and such. Just pray things to work out. 

xasasa
by Charlene on Nov. 1, 2015 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in SW Florida. 2/3 hrs from Ft. Lauderdale. You may be able to find a birth center to deliver at. I may have a list with places all around that I got from the VA when I was looking. I will look that way you can start to call around.

MamaJ123
by Jenny on Nov. 1, 2015 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck
Prayers mama
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)