Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babys room!

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 10:14 PM
  • 4 Replies
Anyone else change the theme they had in mind???
Since my second pregnancy I have had a girls room all planned out in my head... But only had boys until now. I had planned Light purple, gray and white with butterflies.
Somehow that has turned into light pink, (light) gray and white with unicorns and fairies! Lol. I have a thing about unicorns this pregnancy, my second I had a thing about monkeys, he is 4.5 now and has always loved monkeys...
I didn't even really notice the change in everything until I started setting the room up and getting things ready. It kind of just happened. Still have a ways to go on the room being done but she won't be sleeping in there right away anyway.
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bananas2u
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:35 PM
we had a hard time agreeing on a theme at the beginning of this pregnancy. I wanted owls from the beginning. dh didnt. he was completely against it. we finally agreed on space owls :)

I picked rubber duckies for my first kid, since I was 18. didn't have him until I was 24. dh wanted pirates. I had already made a ducky blanket before meeting dh, and one of the fabrics I used happened to be pirate ducks, so it worked great. we just got more pirate stuff, and found a lot of pirate duck stuff. ds is 2.5 and loves ducks. much more than pirates actually.

your theme sounds super cute!
yourekidding
by Member on Jan. 24, 2016 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Luckily dh has always just kind of went with what I picked lol.
Her room is slowly coming together, we aren't doing too much with it. But the baskets we have are pink and gray, the letter for her wall was painted to match (came out way darker than I wanted but oh well lol) and I have a couple unicorns for the shelf. My friends making a bow holder and were adding wings to it to make it a fairy :)
Debating maybe a few wall decals but I'll decide once the room is set up the rest of the way lol

Quoting bananas2u: we had a hard time agreeing on a theme at the beginning of this pregnancy. I wanted owls from the beginning. dh didnt. he was completely against it. we finally agreed on space owls :)

I picked rubber duckies for my first kid, since I was 18. didn't have him until I was 24. dh wanted pirates. I had already made a ducky blanket before meeting dh, and one of the fabrics I used happened to be pirate ducks, so it worked great. we just got more pirate stuff, and found a lot of pirate duck stuff. ds is 2.5 and loves ducks. much more than pirates actually.

your theme sounds super cute!
hip2it
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2016 at 8:04 AM
I don't even have a room ready for this baby. I went all out for my now 2 year old (he was the first born in this house) and then never stepped foot in there for about a year, bc he slept with me or didn't sleep. I wasn't going to drag myself up and down stairs a hundred times a day. I know what colors I want and I had bedding made and I've picked up the decor, but that's as far as I got with a nursery this time.
yourekidding
by Member on Jan. 25, 2016 at 12:50 PM
Her room is right off of ours, she'll be sleeping in our room for the first few months but I like having somewhere to put all her stuff and organize it lol. We don't have much as far as decoration type things go, half of what we've gotten is to help organize everything... And it all ended up pink and gray "themed." Majority of the decorative stuff was/will be made by me and a friend :)

Quoting hip2it: I don't even have a room ready for this baby. I went all out for my now 2 year old (he was the first born in this house) and then never stepped foot in there for about a year, bc he slept with me or didn't sleep. I wasn't going to drag myself up and down stairs a hundred times a day. I know what colors I want and I had bedding made and I've picked up the decor, but that's as far as I got with a nursery this time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)