Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jaundice!!

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:48 PM
  • 10 Replies
My daughter has high levels of jaundice apparently a 20 according to the nurse.I'm not very familiar with jaundice my son had it but never so much that needed to stay overnight. My daughter has to stay under lights and I'm so 😢 first time this happened to one of my kids.
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Oliviajayne
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 3:58 PM
Sending hugs hun x
bananas2u
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:39 PM
Hugs. My brother was jaundice really bad. After a few days, he was able to go home with a Billy blanket (I think that's what it's called), he had for about a week.
hip2it
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 6:35 PM
My first was in nicu for 3 weeks for jaundice and apnea, then sent home for a few days, then read mitten to nicu for jaundice. I don't remember how high it went, as that was nearly 13 years ago, but it was a very high level. He was 8 weeks premature.

My second was 6 weeks early and spent time under the lights for jaundice, I think 4 days, but they brought it all out and set it up over her crib at home and sent a nurse out a few times a day.
Sahaira
by Michelle on Feb. 6, 2016 at 6:41 PM
My sister had her baby in November and she had jaundice had to stay in the hospital 3 extra days.
MrsKH
by Kara on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:56 PM
I'm sorry! When I had my son, we had ABO incompatibility which meant he had to be under the lights for about 3 days. It's emotionally exhausting. Hugs!!
mekagirl33
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2016 at 6:54 AM
Lil one had jaundice,they put her under the lights,we had a private room so she was with us and it was for one day thank God.All my kids had it except one some bad that required stay up to a week and some a few days.
CMLittle719
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2016 at 9:48 PM

We had the same thing! Our boys levels went to 10-14 and had to have the lights then we finally got discharged 2 days later but his levels went up again then went down finally yesterday and he is doing greeat! Our baby boy was ABO incompatability as well. It was very hard to watch it but its common in babies the dr told us. once they get off the lights the better. Our boy fought it off by himself! I promise it will get better.

precious_bebis
by Mrz.Robles on Feb. 8, 2016 at 12:54 PM
My baby had a level 20 we stay 3 nights today she got tested again shes at a level 13 we are getting discharged and hopefully it goes down on its own im ready to leavee

Quoting CMLittle719:

We had the same thing! Our boys levels went to 10-14 and had to have the lights then we finally got discharged 2 days later but his levels went up again then went down finally yesterday and he is doing greeat! Our baby boy was ABO incompatability as well. It was very hard to watch it but its common in babies the dr told us. once they get off the lights the better. Our boy fought it off by himself! I promise it will get better.

committed4ever
by Member on Feb. 9, 2016 at 3:04 PM

Awww OP your little one will most likely be okay. Mine was born Dec 19th but not due until Feb 1st and he had jaundice and apnea and is now home and doing GREAT.  Just needs to gain a little more weight but at least he didn't lose any after his 2nd appointment.

CMLittle719
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2016 at 5:46 PM

I hope her levels stay down so you can go home. Trust me I know what you mean. 

Quoting precious_bebis: My baby had a level 20 we stay 3 nights today she got tested again shes at a level 13 we are getting discharged and hopefully it goes down on its own im ready to leavee
Quoting CMLittle719:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)