Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone else's baby have a cyst on their brain?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:08 PM
  • 2 Replies
Supposedly they are somewhat common, happening in 1-2% of babies. Caused by the rapid brain growth. My dr said everything will be fine and that they resolve around the 28th week... I still can't help but worry and freak out tho.. anyways. We are having a girl :-) and she's petite but otherwise healthy.. dr week do a repeat scan around 32 weeks to recheck growth and make sure the cyst resolved..
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MJones23
by Meghan on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:56 PM

I haven't experienced that in my pregnancies, but I'm sure your doctor would give you more reason to worry if he/she was worried. Sounds like it really will resolve on its own. I hope you find out soon! Keep us posted.

akrogers13
by Alli on Nov. 17, 2015 at 12:32 AM
Thanks. The pamphlet she gave me said there's a slight chance it could be a sign of trisomy 18.. we didn't do any other genetic testing so we have nothing you compare it to... I'm sure she'll be just fine!!

Quoting MJones23:

I haven't experienced that in my pregnancies, but I'm sure your doctor would give you more reason to worry if he/she was worried. Sounds like it really will resolve on its own. I hope you find out soon! Keep us posted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)