Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else not get a U/S yet?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:56 AM
  • 12 Replies
I saw my OB for the first time yesterday at 10 weeks, 2 days. I went at 5 weeks and saw the nurse. I saw the doc for maybe 15 minutes. She asked some questions, did a pap, told me I would get a referral for hip pain,and listened for baby. It took her a looong time to find baby. But then she was done. My past 2 pregnancies I've always had a ultrasound at this appt. Oh well. Maybe next time!
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CassaNova
by Cassie on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:59 AM
Hmm that is odd, usually they give you two bare minimum one early to date you and around 18-20 weeks. Ask doc next time or call?
luckyinlife
by Christina on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:02 AM
With my last pregnancy the clinic I went to before I switched to a midwife only did them at 20 weeks. I won't be getting any ultrasounds this pregnancy unless medically necessary. My midwife doesn't do them but has a tech she refers to if needed.

Do you have any 3d ultra sound offices around you that do novelty ultra sounds? There are a few around here that do heartbeat checks for only $25-45.
BeachTavern
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:03 AM
Yeah I'll bring it up next time.

Quoting CassaNova: Hmm that is odd, usually they give you two bare minimum one early to date you and around 18-20 weeks. Ask doc next time or call?
BeachTavern
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not worried about it, we did hear baby yesterday. Just seemed odd to me. I've always had one early to dare and then the anatomy scan. Maybe this office only does one. I'm sure if she thought she needed to, she would have done one. :)

Quoting luckyinlife: With my last pregnancy the clinic I went to before I switched to a midwife only did them at 20 weeks. I won't be getting any ultrasounds this pregnancy unless medically necessary. My midwife doesn't do them but has a tech she refers to if needed.

Do you have any 3d ultra sound offices around you that do novelty ultra sounds? There are a few around here that do heartbeat checks for only $25-45.
kajira
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:21 AM

I think that's really odd, they usually at least offer a dating scan, or a NT scan at 12 weeks if you want it.

Mamaofblessings
by Rachel on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:07 PM

I havent even seen the dr yet..see her next thursday. The staff ssaid they are doing a blood work to determin how far i am but i dont think she knew much because if she did, she would know im having my 7th and may be a week off but at 12 weeks you can not determin acurate dating but by ultrasound because if im not mistaken hormones peek at 10 weeks

Nicolle_09
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats odd, I thought most places did early dating ultrasounds at the first appointment, Ive had two already and the high risk doc is recommending roughly every 6 weeks or less to get them

hiraeth
by Megan on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:36 PM
My doctor won't be doing an ultrasound until 19 weeks or so. I am not certain why, but I was very certain as to the date of my LMP, I do not have any complications at this time, the baby's heartbeat sounded clearly on the Doppler, and so I guess maybe it isn't considered medically necessary at this time??
I'll admit that I was pretty disappointed. Somehow I always thought that I would have an ultrasound photo to show people when I made my pregnancy announcement. At least I am having the DNA screening test done so I will know the gender of the baby before I make my announcement, even though it isn't the same.
DreamJoyHope_R
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 7:59 PM
I think it depends on the doctor. I was talking to a friend about it today, she said she only had a single ultrasound at 19 weeks for an anatomy scan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabiesAre2Sweet
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2015 at 11:13 AM
I still have not had an ultrasound this pregnancy (10wks). I'm thinking it is because I'm very sure of my LMP compared to my previous pregnancies. I usually get a total of two ultrasounds per pregnancy unless something else comes up. My first ultrasound will be around 13 weeks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)