Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to complain.

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:49 AM
  • 9 Replies
So surgery went well. The bleeding has almost completely stopped now which is great. But I'm feeling everything now. From my neck to my hips feels like I was beaten. The breathing tube has caused me to lose my voice. And the side effects of the anesthesia have kicked in, which include muscle pain.

But hubby had to go back to work, and while I'm not hurting from the surgery the lack of voice and ability to lift my head or chew without tears has caused a whole slew of issues with parenting two toddlers.

And to top things of, no one from my family even bothered to check on me. Hubby's aunts and cousins were the first people to ask if I was okay. My own sister who was online and posting didn't even acknowledge me. And that hurts the most. So now I know who will be with me or notified of the birth when that comes. And it sure won't be my family.
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
CassaNova
by Cassie on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:09 PM
Wow I'm so sorry! Does your family live nearby? Even if they don't they should definitely be checking up. Maybe hubby can stay home another day, sounds like you need more rest! And hey, we have all been in the situation where you put on some movies and let the kids veg. Gotta do whatcha gotta do. Feel better! It's all worth it
kajira
by Emma on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:12 PM

I am so sorry :( 

KanPsMommy
by Beka on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:58 PM
He doesn't have anymore vacation or sick days. He said he would come home at lunch earlier and bring me some soup but it doesn't look like that's going to be happening now. All my family is 2 hours away. They knew I was having surgery today. I made sure to tag them in the posts about it. And still nothing.

Quoting CassaNova: Wow I'm so sorry! Does your family live nearby? Even if they don't they should definitely be checking up. Maybe hubby can stay home another day, sounds like you need more rest! And hey, we have all been in the situation where you put on some movies and let the kids veg. Gotta do whatcha gotta do. Feel better! It's all worth it
Babes2626
by Joanie on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:18 PM

I'm sorry! 

hiraeth
by Megan on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Families are jerk sometimes. I'm sorry they aren't there for you, but know we are praying for your quick recovery!
incheck4real
by Mandy on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:41 PM

I am so sorry. My family is like that and so is my husband's. So when something major comes up it is EXTREMLY DIFFICULT. I am praying that you will feel better quickly.

DreamJoyHope_R
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2015 at 7:58 AM
I'm so sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meghs82285
by Meghan on Oct. 10, 2015 at 8:33 AM
I'm sorry :( that's awful that they haven't checked on you
luckyinlife
by Christina on Oct. 10, 2015 at 9:52 AM
I'm so sorry :-(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)