Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did you wear....

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:10 AM
  • 16 Replies
When giving birth? Was it planned? If this is your first pregnancy do you plan to wear something specific?

For both of my births I was wearing what I had on that day minus the bottoms of course. I made it clear to my midwives that I did not want to wear a hospital gown and they had no problem with it. This time around I "plan" to do the same.
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrsjohnson2014
by Shelby on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I wore a hospital gown during birth but after birth I wore a long sleep shirt
kajira
by Emma on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I ended up naked. except during my c-section.

mammabear413
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
During birth wore a hospital gown had a section so was easy.
Tay06
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I showed up in shorts and a tank top, gave birth in a hospital gown and then took a shower and was in a Victoria secret sleep shirt (down to my knees) 15 minutes after birth. With this one I want to try breastfeeding so it may be a little longer.
meghs82285
by Meghan on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I wore a hospital gown
Nicolle_09
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Hospital gowns, both were emergency csections...if i get my vbac i want to be comforable. I want to buy those cute looking birthing gowns and will probably wear a nursing bra because i plan to stay in the tub most of the time
Lyssa03
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I would love a birthing gown but am planning a home birth and maybe water so I think a bathing suit top or bra is all I'll wear.
MinglingMom
by Casey on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll wear the hospital gown for the delivery but I'm going to change as soon as I can after. It's just not very comfortable and was difficult to manipulate for nursing and such.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Oct. 30, 2015 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I wore a hospital gown, in the tub. Then when he came out, they removed it to do skin to skin and put blankets over us. Then we had to climb out and lay in a bed, I think they put a new gown on me. I think I mostly stayed in a hospital gown while I was there...and I think maybe it was on backwards to make nursing easier? I really don't remember..it was a long time ago.

I haven't even thought about it this time. I have time to figure that out I guess lol.
luckyinlife
by Christina on Oct. 30, 2015 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Hospital birth, hospital gown. Homebirth I usually start out with a sports bra or tank top but end up naked. After awhile anything touching me becomes intolerable. Since someone will be taking pictures this time I am going to try to keep a sports bra on. Maybe a satin tank top will feel better. I will have to shop around.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)