Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ultrasound today and.........

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:26 PM
  • 16 Replies
I had a very thorough ultrasound today at my appointment with the high risk Doctor....I'm actually further along than I thought....I'm 16 weeks and 5 days! I'll be 17 weeks on Wednesday! So......

The ultrasound tech is the same tech who does the 20 week anatomy ultrasounds so she did most of the anatomy today and she told me that although, at the hospital, they're not supposed to share gender just yet: it's a girl!!!!!!!!!!

She proceeded to show me the absence of a penis, scrotum etc and no boy parts! She even circled on the ultrasound where the flat part is in the genital area indicating a girl, and where boy parts would be and what they'd look like on an ultrasound...I have two boys so I know their parts are pretty distinctive.

I'm still in disbelief because I wanted a daughter so bad I'm having a hard time believing it's happening lol...BUT the tech didn't point out the three lines that I always hear everyone talking about with little girls...so of course my paranoia is getting the best of me...she was more so zooming in and showing me the flat part and circling what a boy ultrasound/boy parts would look like....I'm so excited and so is hubby and our boys, but my shock is getting the best of me!

I'm not due for another ultrasound until 12/21 because they got a lot of the anatomy today (ultrasound was lengthy)....baby looks good and healthy! I'm eager to get further confirmation that it's really a girl lol...I'm thinking of going for an elective ultrasound!! Lol please share your thoughts and experiences! Thanks ladies!!:)
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckyinlife
by Christina on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations! You are more likely to get a false boy reading then girl so you are most likely having a girl! Yay!!!
Krissie823
by Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks so much for the feedback!:) she's been doing ultrasounds for years and seems very experienced; she seemed confident. I need to stop second guessing so much and just learn to relax!! lol

Quoting luckyinlife: Congratulations! You are more likely to get a false boy reading then girl so you are most likely having a girl! Yay!!!
meghs82285
by Meghan on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!
Babes2626
by Joanie on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!

incheck4real
by Mandy on Nov. 17, 2015 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh that is so awesome that you are getting your girl! Congrats! I really think the December ultrasound will confirm girl!
mammabear413
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2015 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Yay congrats
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Nov. 17, 2015 at 5:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Yay! Congratulations!!
hiraeth
by Megan on Nov. 17, 2015 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats so exciting for you!  Congrats on your girl!

Tay06
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2015 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

WELCOME TO TEAM PINK :D

SamKSanders
by Samantha on Nov. 17, 2015 at 3:50 PM
Do you have the ultrasound picture?

Congrats on your girl mama!!! I need some of that pink dust for our next baby! We're on boy #2 now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)